Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Help with spinning logo please help!!

http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...9&d=1210846601

I really need help making graphics like this one I know how to make spinning logo's thats easy but I don't know how to add the outer text around the outside I've tried for hours but I'm really struggling could someone please show me with screen shots or point me in the direction of a tutorial I've already watched a few but I can't find one that's explains everything. Again Pleeeeeeeeeeease help!!

I've borrowed the spinning logo from another thread on this forum if that's not allowed I'm really sorry but it explains exactly what I'm looking to do I take no credit for it's creation.

Default Re: Help with spinning logo please help!!

You will need a text editor first that will export your text as a .wmf file. In your text editor set your text along a path in the circular fashion as shown in your example and export/save to a location where you can find it later. In Xara3D create your inside text/graphic and then click on "Border" on the bottom left hand side of your interface. Then go to your design options tab and then click on the design picker button. Navigate to where you saved your wrap around text and load it. You will then have your circular text wrapped around your center graphic. Your may have to adjust the different settings under the design options tab to make them exactly how you want them.
    Then go to your Animation Options tab and select the Animation Picker button, choose "Rotate2AWave" animation. While still in the animation options tab,where it says "apply to" ensure only "design" box has a green check mark in it. There are four rotation axis buttons located directly below "You will want the third one from the left" click on it once and you should have your desired animation. You will have to adjust speed and so to your liking. If this is not clear enough please let me know and I will post some screen shots.
    Here is a very quick example, Yea I know there is a spelling mistake.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by croowe; 19 May 2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Attached graphic did not upload

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Quote Originally Posted by villaforever04 View Post
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...9&d=1210846601

I don't know how to add the outer text around the outside I've tried for hours but I'm really struggling could someone please show me with screen shots or point me in the direction of a tutorial I've already watched a few but I can't find one that's explains everything. Again Pleeeeeeeeeeease help!!
    Hi Villa,

I will assume you know how to create text in a circle and rotate it.

I also assume you're using Xara Xtreme. (They moved your post, so I wasn't sure.)

Let me know if this is not the case.

The way I do it is to divide 360 (degrees in the circle) by the number of frames you have and rotate each frame by that much.

If it's a clockwise rotation, you rotate negatively.

So:

I have 30 frames total for my animation.
    360 degrees divided by 30 frames is 12.

So on each of the 30 frames you will have 12 degrees of rotation.

Frame 1, rotate the circle 12 degrees
    Frame 2, rotate the circle 24 degrees
    Frame 3, rotate the circle 36 degrees
    And so on, and so on....

Maybe someone else has an easier way, but I've worked with this on other things and it works fine for me.

Here's a primitive example.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotatelogo.gif 
Views:	420 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	49173  
    Last edited by dogbertbh; 19 May 2008 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added graphic
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by dogbertbh View Post
    Hi Villa,

I will assume you know how to create text in a circle and rotate it.

I also assume you're using Xara Xtreme.
    to be honest i'm still not clear on creating text in a circle but yes i am using xara xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by croowe View Post
    You will need a text editor first that will export your text as a .wmf file.
    could you please recommend an editor???

Quote Originally Posted by villaforever04 View Post
    to be honest i'm still not clear on creating text in a circle but yes i am using xara xtreme
    It was a little bit confusing, because you've started two identical threads: One thread in the Xara 3D forum and another in the Xara Xtreme forum. If you need help with Xara Xtreme, then we should move this thread to the Xara Xtreme forum.

Creating text in a circle is a often discussed question. Please use the search function of this forum and you will find tons of helpful threads about this.

Regards,
    Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    It was a little bit confusing, because you've started two identical threads: One thread in the Xara 3D forum and another in the Xara Xtreme forum. If you need help with Xara Xtreme, then we should move this thread to the Xara Xtreme forum.
    Actually, the original post WAS in the Xtreme forum and someone moved it to here. Which was probably wrong since Xtreme is being used.

Here everyone is giving advice based on X3D
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

No, there were two duplicate threads (in the Xara Xtreme and the Xara 3D forum). One thread was deleted in the meantime. Believe me.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 20 May 2008 at 07:54 AM.

Re: Help with spinning logo please help!!

Right I'm now losing the will to live I've tried everything people have suggested and I still can't get it to work. I've attached a rough mock-up to show people what I'm trying to create. I need to know how to create it in Xtreme Pro 4 and get it to work in Xara 3D6. Please help don't lose patience with me I've now tried for approx. 8 hours it's not like I'm just getting people to do it for me!

Thanks Again guys!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	villa mock up.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	49229  

Villa,

send me the xar file and I will take a look at it.

Also, important question - does it have to be an animated GIF or would a SWF file be ok?

THAT would save you a lot of time.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris