Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Gallery Request

Quote Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
    ...... returning the rotation point to the center of the object.
    If you deselect and then reselect, the rotation point does return to the centre of the object
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Gallery Request

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    If you deselect and then reselect, the rotation point does return to the centre of the object
    Thanks Keith! That does the trick...

Default Re: Gallery Request: Can XaraXtreme learn from DrawPlus X2?

On the colour editor why the hell have a dropdown list for two choices? This just seems like adding mouse clicks for the point of it. Come on Xara, just let us left and right click on the eyedropper in the colour editor for fill or line choice.

Go to Options and do this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	49150  
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    On the colour editor why the hell have a dropdown list for two choices? This just seems like adding mouse clicks for the point of it. Come on Xara, just let us left and right click on the eyedropper in the colour editor for fill or line choice.

Go to Options and do this:
    The problem with this is that you can not set the "dark" color of contones for bitmap images, and you need to go back to options and select "show menu". I think a useful change to the right click behavior on the color line is when the user selects "set line color" option would be:

1. When the selected object is a bitmap have the right click set the dark contone color (the left click already sets the light contone color of the bitmap).
    2. When you right click on a color with the CTRL or ALT held down you get the current context menu.

80% of the time I want the option set to "set line color". Making this small change would give the best workflow improvement plus you get the same flexibility as selecting the "show menu" option.
    Last edited by Robert H; 18 May 2008 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks for that BOB, I know about this and I am also aware that the dropdown on the colour editor sometimes has more than the two choices, but I don't use the colour line, I could keep it open just for selecting whether I am working on line colour or fill colour, but I prefer the screen space and rid myself of the scroll bars too.

I can do it, but why is it designed this way? Xara seem to make very few concessions to individual ways of working, apart from templates and being able to create custom tool palettes, for the most part it is "our way or nothing".

I don't think Xtreme would loose out by tucking more options away 'under the hood'.

I was evangelising about Xtreme to a friend, about how intuitive it is and how simple the interface is, which are good points, and then I said when I'm working with Xtreme I often enter an almost zen-like state. To which he said, yes, that's because of all the repetition and endless clicking needed to get the simplest things done in a vector program, it's an 'enforced' patience.

Now that may be over-stating things a bit, but I kind of think he has a point. I love the ease of Xtreme and the linework I can produce with it, but I tend to only rarely use it for full colour work, because it takes me so long to get anything done.

To be honest, I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I will have to look elsewhere. I'm currently still playing with Comicstudio 4 (not easy since it is only out in Japanese right now LOL!), most Xtreme users would recoil in horror at what, I have no doubt, they would see as over-complicated, 'bloatware' and it ain't pretty that's for sure, but the more I dig into this program the more I like it.

When this program is released in English, I will probably post a review of it, but I will only be able to scratch the surface of it's multitudinous options and functions.
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 22 May 2008 at 06:20 PM.