Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Custom Page Size when Printing to File (PS or PDF)

Hi,

I design and print point-of-sale advertising. At work I use CorelDraw (X3) (win XP). Although I have the same CorelDraw Version on my home computer, that computer is a dual-boot machine (Win XP pro / Kubuntu 8.04), and I often use Xara(lx) to produce documents for a little cash on the side. I would like to be able to create large vector images at home to be printed using CorelDraw and my Wide-format (42") inkjet at work (I could, of course, export them as bitmaps, but the files are HUGE, and can't be edited).

Although Xaralx does not offer export to any vector format that CorelDraw can import, it does offer printing to a PS or PDF file --- HOWEVER, I see no way to create a custom page size in the print to file dialog. If I have created, say, a 42" x 30" document in Xaralx, when I try to print the image to a PS or PDF file, I am presented with a finite list of page sizes, none of which approaches the actual size of the .xar image.

Any suggestions?

TW
    IP

Default Re: Custom Page Size when Printing to File (PS or PDF)

I'm taking it you are using the autopackage download from Xara's web site?

You might want to try the package from Ubuntu's development repository (the name of which I now forget, NOT the 8.04 standard one), which is the same code but built with libgnomeprint instead. I think the paper size list is just the wxWidgets standard list in the autopackage version.

Other than that, can you not just save as a PS file and use ghostview to fix it up?
    IP