Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text in a circle

Hints?

Basically, I want a line of text to go round in a circle. This is very easy in Photoshop, I just draw a path with the ellipse tool and apply text to it, and it follows the path. Unfortunately PS isn't a vector editor so I can't export the text to X3D and have it retain the circle shape!

All I've found so far is the Shape Editor Tool, but as best as I can tell, it only lets me map text to a curve, not a circle.
    I have also played with the ellipse tool, but I haven't figured out how (if you can) apply text to the circle. It just seems to draw a circle. Not a path that I can attach text to...

Default Re: Text in a circle

To do this, you can draw a circle, enter some text, select both the text and the circle and the choose Arrange->Fit Text to Curve from the main menu.

You can flip the text between the inside and outside of the circle by selecting the circle, going into the shape editor and pressing the reverse path button in the toolbar. Text spacing from the circle can be done using the text tool and it's baseline shift and tracking adjustments.

If you select the circle/text object and remove the line color the circle vanishes leaving only your text.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Hemmers,
    Convert your circle or elipse to an editable shape, highlight the elipse, with the text tool click on one of the nodes and start typing.

To place the text on the inside, right click on the text line and select reverse text on curve. I've attached a sample.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Thanks very much. Exactly what I was looking for

Much Appreciated,
    Hemmers

I got a new experience from your workings.It is also good that this website provide various types of information
    ========================
    Thomson
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 01 October 2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: remove spam

Hi Thomson!

Welcome to the forum.

Allison

Also, the F1 button is still in the Xtreme, right?
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC