Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there an Auto Save feature in Xara?

I've been losing my work a number of times till date but never actually thought of raising this issue because I can always recreate in Xara with ease but today I've lost something big. I was wondering if there is an Auto save feature in Xara like Office products. Could someone please help me out?

Default Re: Is there an Auto Save feature in Xara?

Xtreme has had the ability to crete a .bak file on save for some time. XXTUNE was a small application to toggle this on or off. Now for Xtreme 4 the registry setting remains but XXTUNE won't work with it due to a different path.

I have created a few simple registry hacks to assist here.
    You can download them (with instructions) from the XaraXone sharware page or via my sig'.

*Usual caveats apply when editing the registry

Ah... Thanks a lot sledger... But where does it create the bak file?

Also just to clarify the situation... Suppose I'm working on a Xar file and forgot to save it in the last 10 minutes or something... If I lose the power, I'm losing the work, so I was looking for a way to make Xara save the file every 10 minutes or so and take a backup... just like how the other office products work... It shouldn't overwrite the present file but instead save it to a bak file... Is that what you suggested in your post?

Xtreme 4 backup system creates a new (read: multi) backup each time you save your work. The .bak files are saved in the same folder the .xar file is saved to. Your .xar file is overwritten by your own changes, the most recent .bak is a copy of the .xar 'immediately before' you made changes.
    There is no option to auto-save

Oh thank you for the clarification. For some strange reason I don't find the bak file at all... Must be some problem... I'll try looking it up...

I assume you are using Xtreme 4 and have downloaded and then ran 'MakeBakFiles-ON.exe' ?

Yes thats exactly what I've done...