Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What has happend to the image cropper in Xtremem Pro 4?

Hi,

I've used all versions of Xara since "X" and am now on Pro 4. Has something been done to the cropping functionality in the image editor I need to know about? When cropping an image (double click and pop up the editor) the cropped portion that ends up on the drawing page when you close the editor bears no resemblance to the cropped image I created in the image editor...I end with a different part of the image to what I selected

If you use crop the image on the drawing page using the new crop icon, then the eventual image is as you would expect and like it was in previous versions in Xara.

Am I missing some new stetting or doing something wrong here? I have cropped literally hundreds if not thousands of images in earlier versions of Xara and have never struck this behaviour before.

Thanks
    Patrick

Default Re: What has happend to the image cropper in Xtremem Pro 4?

Hi - use the photo tool [shortcut p] instead

this has two buttons on info bar left - one for clip mode [ ie cropping] and one for photo enhancement mode

xara photo editor is on the way out and its cropping feature is 'broken'

EDIT - there are other options too - eg levels - I think it covers all the picture editor features [except red eye removal] one way or the other...
    Last edited by handrawn; 05 May 2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve,

I figured it might have been broken; but just wanted to confirm it wasn't me. The new toolbar icon is easier I guess, so no harm done

Thanks
    Patrick

I think technically it is 'broken' because it is no longer compatible with the new way xtreme4 handles bitmaps - its only still there because of the red eye removal feature
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Patrick there's another handy way to crop photos which I've grown more accustomed to than any other method.
    I call it 'Interactive Fine Cropping' and it uses one keypress while using the selection tool.
    It's very precise, easily adjusted and, like other photo cropping, is non-destructive.

Try it..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interactivefinecropping.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	48705

PS: Not so useful for laptop users (without a numpad)
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 05 May 2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added PS