Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'am begining to wonder if this Xara X is Vapourware. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'am begining to wonder if this Xara X is Vapourware. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Xara's Site states a September release. Gary made mention of a Sept. 15th target. They have over 3 weeks to Oct 1st.

Let's all take a deep breath. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Mark

Something that is heavily delayed is vaporware. Even if one day Xara actually ships Xara X until that day it can be considered vapor. I'm as big (or bigger) fan of CorelXara/XaraX as the next guy but I do think that this is getting ridiculous. I remember when CorelXara 2 came out - it was the exact same thing, delayed several times, well over a month (we were told April, IIRC and it was relelased in May).

Nathan Heagy
    <HR>
    Blow Your Beef Away
    Cow Comics!
    Founder and Lead Designer at Amuses Me Games.
    Apple fanboy with much nostalgia for Xara. @nheagy on twitter

dang you guys, whats going
    on? It's still september!!!!!!!
    Anyway, what would you rather
    have a program not finished,
    or finished and a couple of
    weeks late...? sheeeeesh.

P.S. If anyone thinks that a program
    being delayed on month is a heavy
    delay, then I question how much software
    you have bought!!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

It's not just 1 month. I believe we heard originally that it would be released last March or April?

Dennis [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

<a href=http://www.inconnect.com/~dennisco/>Carillus Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

I recall April being mentioned as the original release date.

This is getting painful. Trying to build things in Flash by exporting to CMX Corel 9 and using Corel's swf export. And then exporting 8 bit PNG's to get the alpha channel and then exporting the same image again at 32 bit color and then using Fireworks to combine the alpha and the image. Then using Freehand for the power dupication function. Then using release to layers. Then going into Photoshop to use certain filters. Then going back to Corel for the pdf export.

Damn it hurts. It kills me that Xara 2 does none of these things. I've given up on doing certain things till X comes out. This is going to be a major acid test for me. I'm still angry that only a few select individuals could get a hold of a beta copy.

X had better live up to the hype and be worth the wait.

I have absolutely despised buying other vector programs to do things that Xara 2 should be able to do but can't do.

And it is like pulling teeth coming here every single day to check and see if X has been released yet.

I'm still miffed that there won't be a release blends to layers function in X. If you can create animated gifs, in Xara 2 then why can't you create Avi's and and Swf's as well?

That was my rant.

Sheff
    sitting in the dark, checking the potato..
    Sheff
    My Site

The Dates mentioned were insider beta speculation.
    The only "official" and "public" date ever given is....you guessed it "September".

Mark

I have found that exporting in Adobe Illustrator format imports fine directly into Flash. I don't see why you would have to go through Corel first. It doesn't even shift the colors like when bringing a Xara.ai into Illustrator. It works great for me everytime, of course you cant have blends or transparency but everything else seems to work.

s.g.

yes, I've been exporting a bunch of animated gifs as buttons etc from xara to flash using ai3 and it works very well. These are collections of simple single-layer frames, so I group each frame contents before I export, so they appear as an orderly stack in flash. No good when I want all the layers of a complex animated figure to appear in the exact same layer sequence in flash which is why I too, use the merry-go-round method via cmx-cdr-fh8-swf.

It would be nice to be able to export layers direct with xaras new swf export but we'll see..

On a thoughtful note.. just at the moment I'm working in xara2 all the time as I know that the day xaraX arrives, like x1.5, I'll never see x2 again on my system, and this program has given me most of the smarts I've learned in web graphics, so I owe it a lot. Is there an e-ceremony one should perform when deleting a virtual zen master from the start menu?

Q.