Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bamboo fun tablet not recognized

Hi!
    I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and I'm very fond of it. I like using it to draw in Xara Xtreme. But- I have a problem with it- a lot of times- the tablet isn't recognized by the computer. When I put my pen on the tablet, it acts like a normal mouse, and the cursor doesn't jump to the point I put my pen on, like it should have been (Absolute Positioning). The only solution that I know of how to solve it- is to reboot the computer, but I can't always reboot, and it's annoying!
    Can someone please help me?
    Please reply!
    Thanks a lot!

Default Re: bamboo fun tablet not recognized

most wacom tablets that I have used come with software drivers that you can install - you don't need to, in that windows will drive the tablet, but the wacom drivers give more control - have you installed these?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

handrawn-yes, I have installed the drivers.

I've just installed a Bamboo on Vista Ultimate and so far not seeing the problem you have described. There's not much in the drive control panel to help here either, so what is causing this strange positioning problem isn't apparent to me at this time.
    By the way, which OS are you using?

I am however seeing a worrying problem with Xtreme 4 which is not happening with version 3.2
    When drawing with the freehand tool, there is an initial and slight delay each time you start drawing a new stroke.
    With version 3.2, the drawing of each stroke is instant, just as you'd expect with a real pen - not quite so with version 4.

sledger,

I am also experiencing the slight delay that you describe.
    TJB

I was told by Wacom last week that they are updating their drivers for Vista. Whenever my pc goes into sleep mode, upon re-starting all of the tablet preferences are lost and only a re-boot solves the problem. I was told that it is a ’known issue,’ and I was advised to just keep checking their site for updated drivers. However I noted that the NEW VISTA DRIVER which is much heralded on their website was actually released in September 2007. So I’m not holding my breath.

Which tablet are you using?

The drivers that ship for Vista with the Bamboo seem fine (5.05-7).
    No settings are lost here on rebooting Vista Ultimate.

The problem that sledger mentions regarding time delay does not happen with my graphire 3 [ 5.05-7] using xtreme pro 4 and windows XP home.

There is a slight delay before the line starts if I press very lightly - but this has been there since at least xtreme 2 - and firmer pressure gives an immediate start. This was tested at 1600% zoom.
    No delay at all with the mouse [logitech]

Hope you get the problem sorted Amitairos - sometimes if you have other programs open [eg corel painter] this can affect things
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi. I have Windows Vista on my computer.
    I installed the latest drivers I think. I sent an e-mail to Wacom about my problem, and I'm waiting for an answer.
    Thanks for you help.

I've got the Intuos3 running on a 64bit Vista Home Premium. Driver version 6.05-7. When it works it's a joy of a tablet to use . On Vista however the driver seems pretty flaky. Wacom acknowledges the sleep-thing as a known issue but it loses its settings a lot. This means manually reconfiguring the settings all over again or saving your work, shutting everything down and rebooting each time it happens.