Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lightening a part of a photo ?

If you clip the section you want to adjust from a duplicate of the original, then you can use the levels tool to adjust the just that section of the photo. then apply a linear transparency to the adjusted clip. You can just adjust the color levels for a brightened picture, or go a little wild and create your own color effects. see attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowertest1.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	48511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowertest2.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	48512  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowertest3.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	48513  
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Default Re: Lightening a part of a photo ?

Hi Bob

Meant to do this yesterday but we have had several mud slides in town and we got a rescue call, but fortunalty nobody was hurt. However, we have put up the tape for a security zone and so I have been putting in 16 to 20 hour days keeping people out.

Anyway, I see many ways of doing this, but I will stick with my technique which is both fast and efficient, at least for my needs. This photo is a boat that grounded out last winter just in front of the house. The photo greatly reduces the impact but it was close and it was BIG.

The reason you did not make it work is obvious, your blowing it on your end. Just clone the photo, than draw a linear transparency on it, change the transparency from mixed to bleach and you should have it. Too dark, control "K", as many times as you want. I did not play with this, the actual brightening took less than 20 seconds probably, but if you play with it you can do much better. Want to highlight something, put an elipse over it, slice it out and then clone it. Notice the white line around your sliced image, no problem. Get the original slice elipse (alt select), then shift select to get the whole image and add the two togeter. Voila, no line around your ellipse.
    Now select the cloned ellipse in front, applie a circular transparency with the bleach option and your starting your highlight.

Like your new career as a cartoonist but for heven sakes put cloths on them. Those nudies are giving my the heavy beavies.........frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grounded ship.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	48548