Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 4 CDs are here

Sledger

Yes, Charles merely said there was no manual for an upgrade but the page is misleading. First, on an UPGRADES page, it says that the manual is included and then there is a note underneath saying it isn't, which is just silly. All I can say is that my upgrade path never seems to have included a manual.
    Jon

CD arrived today in Tasmania. A query - are we supposed to uninstall existing version dowloaded from web? Version 4916. April 8th.
    Not sure what version the CD is?
    I notice the setup file on CD is Ap 14. Is that a later version or no change to 4916?
    Apologies if this is detailed somewhere else. I couldn't find reference to it.
    regards
    Richard

Just reinstall - works fine

Quote Originally Posted by jon spain View Post
    All I can say is that my upgrade path never seems to have included a manual.
    Jon, in order to upgrade, you must have at one time have purchased a full version? Which version did you buy?
    You say you've never had a manual, did you not get a manual with and for that first version you purchased?

Maybe someone else can help out here because I started with version 3.2Pro
    and this included a manual. So I'm not sure about earlier versions??

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Jon, in order to upgrade, you must have at one time have purchased a full version? Which version did you buy?
    You say you've never had a manual, did you not get a manual with and for that first version you purchased?

Maybe someone else can help out here because I started with version 3.2Pro
    and this included a manual. So I'm not sure about earlier versions??
    I had a manual with my first version which was Xara Studio years ago. When I bought CorelXara I also had a manual which served until the manual I received with 3.2 , all in a nice box.
    I must admit with version 4 being a fairly major upgrade I had hoped to at least get a printed manual outlining the changes and new features, particularly Web Page construction and associated features as its hard to follow on screen directions whilst working.
    I suppose I can use up some of the most expensive liquid on earth and print the downloaded release notes.
    I know that printing manuals and boxes costs more than the production of the CDs so I can understand this omission; it’s just nice to have sometimes.
    Derek

Sorry, I had a Studio manual a long time ago but there have been a few updates since well over 10 years ago (1995?). So far as I can recall, I've not had anything since but I could have mislaid it. Anyway, Xara are kindly sorting it, for which I'm grateful
    Jon

Received mine over the weekend.

With all this talk about manual, I must say I for one am glad to not have a printed manual in the upgrade. The last thing I need is another manual floating around. That's just me though.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

I always expect a printed manual when I upgrade software that gets shipped to you. I hope for next time there is at least an option to also get the new updated manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Know1 View Post
    I always expect a printed manual when I upgrade software that gets shipped to you. I hope for next time there is at least an option to also get the new updated manual.
    Or a small booklet with all the upgrades made, that way
    you can use the old manual with the new booklet.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

I got a notice that my Xx4 package was delivered but I have to go to the post office to pick it up. (as the large package wouldn't fit in my tiny apartment mailbox)
    <Brag>
    I've been busy with my new AMD Quad core, 3 Gb Mem, 2 500 Gb hard drives, 22" HD widescreen monitor with TV tuner and, unfortunately, Vista. Also has an all-in-one photo printer-copier-scanner, but I haven't set it up yet.
    </Brag>
    ~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box