Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey fellow Xarans,
    I just moved into a new job and I need to buy a copy of Xara fo my work computer. The dilemma is this:
    Where do I buy it from? It doesn't look like i-us is selling it anymore, obviously in anticipation of Xara X. It looks like I can buy it from Xara directly, but I really would rather support i-us in the process. Plus, I'd like to keep my Xara Insider membership.
    Also, will I get a free upgrade to Xara X when it comes out?

Thanks,
    Christian Gloddy
    gloddy@conchis.com

Hey fellow Xarans,
    I just moved into a new job and I need to buy a copy of Xara fo my work computer. The dilemma is this:
    Where do I buy it from? It doesn't look like i-us is selling it anymore, obviously in anticipation of Xara X. It looks like I can buy it from Xara directly, but I really would rather support i-us in the process. Plus, I'd like to keep my Xara Insider membership.
    Also, will I get a free upgrade to Xara X when it comes out?

Thanks,
    Christian Gloddy
    gloddy@conchis.com

Hello Christian

Xara 2 has been taken off the market due to part of the contractual agreement by Corel and Xara when the two companies agrees to part ways. So, no one is supposed to be selling Xara 2.

Xara X, according to Xara, is due out in September.

All we can do is wait, or maybe you'd like to purchase my old copy of Xara 2? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

The funny part is that I'm in the midst of a move and I packed the CD that I burned my copy of Xara 2 on or else I would simply install that on my work machine until Xara unleashes their next beauty on us. Right now I'm using the eval version and to export, get this, I'm using hypersnap to do a sceen capture and then I bring it into photoshop to cut up the part that I want. I'm going to dig through my stuff and see if I happened to pack in my suitcase the 1.5 or maybe even 1.1 disc. Wish me luck.

Christian

Well, I found my Xara 1.1 disk, but now I can't open up any of my 2.0 files for obvious reasons. Could someone from Xara offer me a temporary password as the trial version isn't going to last me to September? I've been a paying customer of version 1.1 through 2.0 and I've already submitted to the purchaser at my company to buy Xara X when it comes out.

Thanks,
    Christian Gloddy
    gloddy@conchis.com

Christian:

If you purchased Xara 2 from i/us, please send mail to customer support at: sales@i-us.com, and they can create a new cert for you to use to re-download your purchase.

Regards

>Well, I found my Xara 1.1 disk, but now I can't open up any of my 2.0 files for obvious reasons. Could someone from Xara offer me a temporary password as the trial version isn't going to last me to September? I've been a paying customer of version 1.1 through 2.0 and I've already submitted to the purchaser at my company to buy Xara X when it comes out.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>

It is still on sale, I bought a copy this morning - go to http://www.club.xara.com

Yeah, I saw it was still on sale at Xara, but I wanted to stay loyal to the folks at i-us and help support these forums. Please, I wanted to keep my Xara Insider membership as well.

Thanks everyone for your help with this.

Christian