Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: selections/crop/paste & copy

"Snag-it" will allow you to capture a fixed size window. Just set the profile accordingly and capture and save the same size window as often as you want. If you don't have "Snag-it", it may be a worthwhile investment, measured against your time.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Unless the capture software you are using allows you to set and define a fixed region, no..
    With FASTSTONE Capture the capture rectangle shows the pixel dimensions as you drag, so it's quite easy to capture a similar sized region for each capture. Though with FASTSTONE, because it captures to it's own editor (for aditional processing) you can capture 'over size', then fine adjust the capture area size before copying into Word.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 30 April 2008 at 04:19 AM. Reason: spillink eroors
    IP

SnagIt also shows the pixel dimensions as you drag and also has it's own editor with crop/trim features.
    Wow! Reading this about fixed size region capturing caused me to delve into SnagIt and produce my own Capture Profile that will capture 75x75 regions wherever you move the box on the screen. I just randomly picked 75, it can be anything by anything (within reason).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	48481  
    Last edited by -=Drifter=-; 30 April 2008 at 03:46 AM.
    -=Bob=-
    IP