Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: As I journey

Default As I journey

Down the path of trying to use what I can do in Xtreme to a full web page, I have spent some 2.5 hours in Xara help and here at talkgraphics trying to find out how I get my animation created in Xtreme onto my Xtreme web page.

1- I find I can cut and paste.
    2- I can't save and then open.
    3- I can't export and then import.

Is there a way to place the animation on the web page I am building, in the place I want it to be, save or export and have it all work?

After the site is complete - assuming I can get all the parts into the site in Xtreme, I can export as html. I can then FTP the site to the web but I can't figure how to get the parts where I want them.

If I export the animation as a seperate .swf file, how do I get this on the web page in the place I want it to be?

In my search for the above, I found that one must have the background color of the animation the same as the web I am building - my background at present is not a single color but has several layers that have been made partly transparent. There must be a way to solve this problem as well.

Oh, I LOVE COMPUTERS!!!! - jb
    IP

Default Re: As I journey

Down the path of trying to use what I can do in Xtreme to a full web page, I have spent some 2.5 hours in Xara help and here at talkgraphics trying to find out how I get my animation created in Xtreme onto my Xtreme web page.

1- I find I can't cut and paste.
    2- I can't save and then open.
    3- I can't export and then import.

Is there a way to place the animation on the web page I am building, in the place I want it to be, save or export and have it all work?

After the site is complete - assuming I can get all the parts into the site in Xtreme, I can export as html. I can then FTP the site to the web but I can't figure how to get the parts where I want them.

If I export the animation as a seperate .swf file, how do I get this on the web page in the place I want it to be?

In my search for the above, I found that one must have the background color of the animation the same as the web I am building - my background at present is not a single color but has several layers that have been made partly transparent. There must be a way to solve this problem as well.

Oh, I LOVE COMPUTERS!!!! - jb
    IP

Jeb page 5 of Gary Priester's latest workbook explain how to insert a flash animation into a web page using Xtreme 4.0

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_5.htm
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Tks, Bill - looks like there is enough in the Zone to keep me busy a year or so!

Hope to find answers to many questions there - again, tks - jb
    IP