Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Delete a brush

Default Delete a brush

I just made a brush and I want to delete it from my line gallery and from XX. I can't find a 'brush' folder for XX. Do you know where XX put the brush?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Delete a brush

The brushes are contained within the original art work, you load the art work and the brush is available until you close Xtreme. So if you want to delete a brush, delete the .xar file and then close Xtreme. When you open Xtreme again the brush will be gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi

the brushes are stored internally in xtreme

this means they appear in the gallery if any file in which they are used is open

to store a brush make a .xar file with just the brush stroke in it

to load the brush, open this file and then close it - the brush will remain in the gallery for use whilst xtreme is open

to remove the brush - save your work - and close xtreme completetely - the brush will now not be in the gallery when you start xtreme unless you reload it from the brush xar, or you open a file in which it has been used
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

To add to what has already been said:

The brushes folder is inside the Templates folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 4\Templates\Eng\Brushes or C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro\Templates\Brushes, depending on what version you have and where you chose to install it).

Any files in there are loaded at start up, so any brushes you want to always be around can be placed here to get them picked. Having lots of files slows things down at start up and takes more ram, etc.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

good point

I would not advocate adding more than one or two - it really does slow things down as Odat says, but you could always swap new for default brushes you don't tend to use

BTW no reason not to save sets of brushes in one xar file of course - but that does slow things down if you put them in the template folder
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you so much for all the answers. The help here is amazing.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have a folder for brushes that I added to the clipart gallery. When I want to use one I simply drag it to my document, and it appears in the gallery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I just had fun dragging brushes into XX There are some amazing ones, some colorful and some just plain fun.