Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spell Check

Default Spell Check

am i the only person that can not spell?

what is the best workflow for spell checking.

is there a way to lint text boxes to Word - edit with a double click, like with photo editor??

better still a plug in or other intergrated way to spell check

Default Re: Spell Check

Hello Peter and welcome. You're not the first person to request such a feature by any means. Xara Xtreme has never had a spell checker and the powers that be at Xara have hinted that this MIGHT be a feature in later versions but it's never materialised. Other folks argue against it as bloat ware etc.

As a workaround you could type out your text in Word, correct the spelling and paste it into XXP or do what I often do, create your text in XXP, copy it and paste it into an email to myself then send and have Outlook correct the spelling, then re-paste it back into XXP.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Or you could download the freeware TinySpell

It is a small utility that allows you to easily and quickly check and correct the spelling in any Windows application.
    tinySpell can watch your typing on the fly and alert you whenever it detects a misspelled word. It can also check the spelling of text that you copy to the clipboard.
    tinySpell installs itself in the system tray for easy access. It comes with an American-English dictionary containing more than 110,000 words.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have my husband proof read for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I too will vouch for TinySpell ,which I installed many moons ago after a tip from LonK on this forum. It is invaluable and works efficiently with Windows programs.
    TJB

Tinyspell is great - thank you
    its a life saver for someone like me who has no idea of how to spell.

Wink Re: Spell Check

I tried tiny spell a little while ago and it works very well until you realise it doesn’t cope with anything but American spelling of the English language which does mean it suggests the use of rather more Z’s (zed’s) than I thought possible to fit into many words and it can’t spell colour.
    Depends where you are in the world I suppose.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    I tried tiny spell a little while ago and it works very well until you realise it doesn’t cope with anything but American spelling.....
    Download attached UKeng.zip - extract two files and overwrite the .LEX and .SUP file which were installed with TinySpell.

Color then comes up as an error
    Attached Files Attached Files

sledger,

Many thanks for the UKeng zip, most useful. However, I have to admit, that by now I have added so many words to the TinySpell dictionary, that it handles both American and Standard English with equal aplomb.
    TJB

Thanks Lads. Excellent tip. I've just installed and may well upgrade to the paid version!