Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: PSP X2 unable to save png properly

Edit: OOOps my bad hang on I'll get the png.
    Here you go. Right click and save as.
    Last edited by jyoung; 25 April 2008 at 04:54 PM.
    Joe
    IP

Hrrm no link. I'll check it out if you can get it linked though. I'm wondering if it's going to work though. I've been chatting with someone over at the pspug forums and it sounds like we're coming to the conclusion that psp is saving it differently than photoshop or GIMP does and that's the problem. At least that's what I got from his last post. He was making it sound like regardless of options all graphics programs can be a little different in how they save the files and something about how psp does it IE7 just does not like in this case. I can see how that might be possible I guess it just didn't occur to me that it could happen. If it really is the case I guess I have two choices. Either find one program that can do everything, or use psp for the design/layout stuff and then put all the pieces together in GIMP.
    IP

Everytime I try to upload the png it gets changed to jpg. Don't know why or if I am doing something wrong. So I asked for assistance in the Off Topic. When I get an answer I will upload the png. Or I could email it. If you want, send me an email at joeyoung72@gmail.com and I'll send it to you that way. Sorry for the wait.
    Joe
    IP

sent you an email.
    IP

Reply sent with attachment.
    Joe
    IP

Thanks, yeah I just tested it out. Same problem in IE7 and Firefox works fine like usual I guess I'm just out of luck here with this particular project and Paintshop. Thanks for trying though.
    IP

OK one more suggestion: Did you clear your cache in IE7. Do you have a link to your actual site that includes what I sent you? If it shows up OK in Firefox but not IE7 I don't know what in psp would cause that. If you have the link, I will check it in IE7 and 6 to see what I find. This is strange.
    Joe
    IP

I wasn't clearing the cache but it was definitely loading the png since the text is different on them. I just re-uploaded your png to the site so you can see what it looks like. The site isn't live yet so not a huge deal but let me know when you're done looking so I can put the right logo back up there

http://www.flyinionfilms.com/index.php
    IP

OK I looked at in IE6 & 7 and I see that black area too in both. And I also looked in Firefox and it was OK just as you said. This is indeed strange. Have you tried just saving the head as a png instead of using the export png? Maybe there is something in the export that is causing it. Since the head.png is not a transparent image I think just the "Save As" and png file would be OK. Just guessing at this point though.
    Joe
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    OK I looked at in IE6 & 7 and I see that black area too in both. And I also looked in Firefox and it was OK just as you said. This is indeed strange. Have you tried just saving the head as a png instead of using the export png? Maybe there is something in the export that is causing it. Since the head.png is not a transparent image I think just the "Save As" and png file would be OK. Just guessing at this point though.
    Yeah I tried that last night as well with 3 different copies of it (to make sure I had good copies to start with) with each one having the layers put together/merged differently including just the "merge visible"/save like I did in GIMP. I'm going to see about loading IE8 beta this weekend and see what that does with it since it's "supposed" to be strict standards. With my luck IE8 will explode all the CSS/etc. that the template is using though haha.
    IP