Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default crop/selections/copy & paste

Paint Shop Pro versions 9 - 11
    I have a page out of a college yearbook that is now in jpeg.
    I want to cut out EACN INDIVIDUAL photo and paste to other documents/programs ESPECIALLY word program.
    Each photo will be 1.70 inches wide x 2.70 inches high.
    I cannot figure out if I should use Selections or Crop or a combination of both.
    Might there be a way I can set this up so I will not have to resize selections or resize crop. Some method that will be quick and not have to go thru a great number of steps for each individual photo.
    Thanks for your consideration and assistance,
    IP

Default Re: crop/selections/copy & paste

Same question as here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...006#post255006

Same answer also
    IP

Once you have made the selection do copy and its now in the clipboard and can be pasted in to word. Then selections none and make your next selection and so on
    IP

Trev,
    Thanks!
    When I make a selection it will not be the size of the photo....so how do I stretch, move or make the selection bigger to the exact size that I want it to be?
    IP

In that case in psp paste as a new image first then do any resizing before saving and inserting in to word. Just one point though the images do not have a size in inches only pixels. inches or cm only comes into it when printing and for that we use a scaling factor called Pixels per inch A good print resolution is 200ppi that means there will be 200 pixels per sq inch of paper and the smallest detail will be 1/200th of an inch therefore for a 10 x 8 inch print we need 10 x 200 = 200pixels by 8 x 200 = 1600 pixels But Word is different because it rightly assumes you intend a printed result so when you paste in to word a 400 pixel wide image it will fill half the width of the page and then you lose some page width with margins too. when you come to print it will up scale by making extra pixels so that the printed page looks the same on paper as it does on the screen. Which kind of makes all the talk of print res useless So before you get in too deep Paste a image in to word to get the idea of how it will look on the page. you might just find you don't need to re scale at all and for that mater come to think of it you can increase or decrease the size in word.
    IP

If you really want to use PSP to do this, then the quickest way is to crop the part you want, then select Image - Resize and make sure the aspect ratio is locked and make the image the size you want. Then do an Edit - Select All and copy the new image. Then just paste it in Word and tweak it in Word if you need to.

I like PSP for a lot of things but if you just want to crop and resize, I think it would be quicker just to use Irfanview. I edit a lot of pictures for a website I maintain for a friend who likes to update his site with a lot of pictures from his digital camera and I can do them a lot quicker with Irvanview. But that's just my opinion.

Another to remember is that your photos are probably going to be a bit blurry if you make them too big.
    Joe
    IP