Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Default Re: Show Us Your Xtreme 4 created Website!

Quote Originally Posted by esanabri View Post
    Any good tips on getting the images smaller?

I have using the JPEG ptin when xporting but its limited...
    esanabri, viewing the source reveals that all images are .PNG

You need to NAME (yellow name tag icon) all images JPEG to force Xtreme to export .jpg type in place of .png
    By default, .jpg for html export are optimised to 75%

This is my first post and my first Xara-created website. Love Xara and have done since it was ArtWorks on the old Acorn
    Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this little effort:
    www.fyles.com

I'm curious as to why many (most?) modern websites (blogs and forums) only use about 1/3 screen width and the rest is justy plain colour or blank space.
    We have these 'new beaut widescreens' imposed upon us by those in the know and yet we use so little of it's width.
    I asked this question one of my program's new Forum site as it was rather tedious scrolling through the postings, but it was met with silence.
    regards

Printer friendly

Does that mean we get to be dominated by that insatiable appetite of the eternal printer, despite the fact we probably never print a page from Forums, Blogs etc?
    I'd suggest if thats the case then the device drivers should be made program friendly.
    There must be a way we can have a full page width and still be 'printer friendly'.
    I just tried one of my full width forums - print to PDF and it actually printed OK.

By the way - this 'rant' isn't a shot at dantheman's site.
    I thought that looked well done.
    regards

I think also blogs (and some forums) try to be smartphone friendly. Which is fair enough.
    Though personally I dislike my 24" screen to be filled with a single browser window.

Daneman - nice work - really clear and easy to assimulate sites - good to look at and to the point.

Paul

It's all a matter of taste - as always.

Unforunately Xara Xtreme isn't able to export such flexible layouts, but for Webdesigners who want to learn how to create fluid layouts (pages, that expand and contract with the width of the Browser window), flexible text, scalable navigations and expandable rows, the well known book of Dan Cederholm "Bulletproof Web Design" would be my recommendation. And after studying that, the great (X)HTML/CSS-Framework YAML would be the next step on the way to create modern and flexible floated layouts and to avoid the pitfalls of all the available Browser bugs.

Remi