Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Inserting navbar into my web page

Can someone please help. I've created my site using coffeecup html editor with a css style sheet. All ok so far. For some reason I can't follow the instructions to save my navbar, created in webstyle, so that I can insert it into my site. Please, can someone explain, in words of one syllable if necessary, how I go about it. I know it sounds silly but I would really appreciate the help. It's my first attempt at a site and I seem to be confused with the graphic, script files and where they go. Thanking you in anticipation.

Default Re: Inserting navbar into my web page

When you save your project the finished objects and javascript (js file) should all be in the same directory. If that's not the directory where you have saved the rest of the files for the site then move the files to your where the rest of the sites content is. If you have created your own HTML files outside of Webster then DON'T transfer the ones created by Webster as you'll overwrite the existing files created with coffee cup. Only transfer the GIFs and the JS file.

Open your pages in Internet Explorer and then in the edit menu click "View Source" The code for the navbar should be added in the appropriate place on the page. It's just a simple line of javascript, as follows:

<script>links.js</script>

If your navbar script is not called links.js then obviously type in whatever yours is called. Save the changes and refresh the page and your navbar should be in place. Repeat the process for all the other pages and you should be done.
    Last edited by Jimi King; 18 April 2008 at 07:08 PM.

Smile Re: Inserting navbar into my web page

Thank you jk, I've just seen your reply and will be attempting once again. I appreciate your time and oyu do make it sound so simple. Thanks again.

Default Re: Inserting navbar into my web page

If you have a problem with it post up a link to one of the pages and I'll take a look.