Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been working on a graphic which I am continually adding to but saving each portion of it seperately so it can be reassembled piece by piece. after adding a new portion, I group it and save it as a .xar working copy when exiting xara.

my problem is when I import the group again to work on it, it shows all the layers in the layer gallery which made up the group. now when I add a new item to the design it always inserts it on the bottom layer and it is a nightmare to bring it to the front.is there any way of saving the group as a single layer and import it that way.

thanks in advance

future carpel tunnel victim
    IP

I have been working on a graphic which I am continually adding to but saving each portion of it seperately so it can be reassembled piece by piece. after adding a new portion, I group it and save it as a .xar working copy when exiting xara.

my problem is when I import the group again to work on it, it shows all the layers in the layer gallery which made up the group. now when I add a new item to the design it always inserts it on the bottom layer and it is a nightmare to bring it to the front.is there any way of saving the group as a single layer and import it that way.

thanks in advance

future carpel tunnel victim
    IP

Robert

If you group objects, all the layer structure is lost. Some people find this feature annoying, but in your case it is an advantage. The best solution seems to be to open your old file, group everything then copy and paste the group into your new document. This allows you to maintain the group structure in the original for future editing.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean
    IP