Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Alignment

Smile Alignment

Hi

have a background rectangle 822 * 488 pixels. to make a slide show I need to place in that rectangle a series of photographs
    which are 742 * 488.

The photos need to be placed fitting to the top LH corner or LH side if you follow.

Is there any way to "place" the image so that it locks to that automatically or do I have to do it by hand, tried snap to grid and guide but it doesn't quite line up.

The idea is to sit one image on top of the other

thanks

Ian

Default Re: Alignment

Your best bet is to make sure that your 822x488 rectangle *is* actually that size and that it is aligned to a whole number of pixels: see the first screenshot, the 100 and 100 indicate the rectangle is 100 pixels to the right and 100 pixels up from the bottom left corner of the page. If you place an object with your mouse on the drawing, chances are you hit a non-whole number.

The 822x488 beside it indicates that's the actual size of the rectangle. If you typed in those sizes when drawing the rectangle with the rectangle then the dimensions exclude the line width (for your purposes I'd turn off the line width/colour).

When plonking in your bitmap, make sure it is actually 742x488 too, without a line width as before.

If you select the rectangle and the bitmap and press CTRL+SHIFT+L you'll get the second screen shot - click in the top left corner of the alignment window and you'll be selecting horizontal alignment to Left and vertical alignment to Top.

Roughly place the bitmap a bit lower and a bit to the right of the rectangle before you do the aligning and your nice whole-number-pixel placement of the rectangle won't move because you're selecting "align these two objects to the top and left most co-ordinates of my selected objects" (ie if you had the bitmap further to the left, the rectangle would move to the left to align to it... you want the bitmap to align to the rectangle)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshots.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	59794  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Daniel; 22 April 2009 at 01:35 PM.

i think it is easier like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	align.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	59839  

Hi

thanks one and all that worked a treat

Ian