Hi,

I use FreeBSD 7.0 as my operating system, and I have Linux Compatibility Mode enabled via my Kernel. The file "RecomXaraLX0.7_rev1692.tar.bz2" was downloaded from the Xaraxtreme.org website. I unpacked the tar file into the /usr/compat/linux/opt directory, then changed my directory (via console) to /usr/compat/linux/opt/xaralx/bin. From there, I typed: ./xaralx to run it and it didn't run, but I got the following message:

$ ./xaralx
./xaralx: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Am I running it properly or am I missing something? Is libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 missing?

Any suggestions on where to extract this tar file, and how to run it in FreeBSD properly as a native Linux file under FreeBSd? I already tried installing the ports version from FreeBSD and Xaralx had problems...each time I opened it, it closed automatically after 1 or 2 minutes. So, I prefer to install the native Linux version on FreeBSD undert the Linux Compatibility Mode. If anyone has directions on how to do this, I would be very greatful. Thanks!