Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Setting page background

Hi!
    I need to export content of a .xar file into PNG format. I need background to be transparent so that final .png image would have some transparent areas however i cannot find a way to make page background transparent. How can i make it, or if i cannot is there any method to achieve transparency in .png files?
    IP

Default Re: Setting page background

When exporting for a transparent background, go to File/Export and select .png as your save as file type.
    The dialogue box (see top attachment) opens, and you have to make sure that you select the options I've outlined in red.
    On the "Options" tab make sure the transparent checkbox is ticked.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	png dialogue.png 
Views:	490 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	47911  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Oops, I guess it's time for me to buy glasses ))) i was playing with those options for 20 minutes or so and couldn't see 'True Color+Alpha'. Thank you Bob!
    IP

My pleasure, Jay.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Re: Setting page background

I have the same problem but this solution does not work for me. I am with Xara Xtreme Linux version 0.7, Revision 1785.

I mark the shapes, I want to export with a transparent background. Then I export them as PNG, truecolor + alpha palette. The preview still shows the white background and so does the exported PNG.

Any suggestions?
    IP

I have an issue like this.
    Its exporting it with transparency but parts of the background are showing up on the image.
    Basically if the back ground is white I have white borders around my object I exported.
    It does it for all the colors I have set as the back ground.
    I have taken the exported image into gimp and edited out the border that should not be there but gimp saves it funny and looks of less quality.
    IP