Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu and Cold Fusion

I created my index.htm page using Webstyle (Molecular) then duplicated that page and renamed it reg.cfm because my registration page is a form and I want to use Cold Fusion for form processing. Now when you go to the website and click on the 'Register' link and then try to go back to the home page the link doesnt work and the links are the same color. Do you I have to do something special with the style sheets? They have #(pound) signs in the css and maybe its confusing Cold Fusion. Can you tell me what to do to fix it

http://allstateinterpreting.com/sample

Note only the home page and registration page should work. I didnt create the other pages because I want to make sure I can get these two to work first.

Default Re: Menu and Cold Fusion

Hi Constance,

I think that the problem is that images and javascript were also copied when you duplicated the page. The image would remain the selected orange colour and the javascript would indicate that the register page is still the home page. This would cause the logic to fail and the javascript will not activate the link to the home page.

It is difficult to follow the source for the register page because it is embedded with Frontpage Webbot tags.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

OK (I think) but how do I create multiple pages. For example I created the home page and I want several other pages just like it but with different text naturally

I'm not sure but I think you would create a new page in Frontpage then insert the menu you created in Webstyle. That should allow Frontpage to accurately create the menu, selected image, and javascript edits. Then simply add the text and other elements for the page as you would normally.

The duplicate page creates an exact duplicate and making edits to the text does not cause Frontpage to update links correctly.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I created the new page using Fp and it works as long as its an htm page. However as soon as I change it to a cfm page so I can insert my form the links no longer work. Any suggestions? I really want the same look and feel through the webpage but I also need to use Cold Fusion to process my form.

Sorry Constance I'm not familiar with Cold Fusion.

Is it possible that you can create the page and form directly in Cold Fusion and insert the Webstyle menu?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I just tried it and it doesnt work.

I created the form in Cold Fusion and then copied the webstyle code from my index.htm page. When I go to the registration page I cant get back to the home page - the link doesnt work.

I guess I need another form validation tool and then I can leave everything as an htm page.

Doesnt anyone else on the forum use Cold Fusion and Webstyle? I sure hope so because I use Cold Fusion to validate the form and send confirmation emails so I really need to be able to use it.

Hi Constance.

I'm a ColdFusion developer and I've used it with webstyle.

Are you still having an issue with your form?

I'm sure I can help if you are.

Red

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?