Thread: t

t

[This message was edited by Hector on October 22, 2000 at 04:05 PM.]
    IP

t

[This message was edited by Hector on October 22, 2000 at 04:05 PM.]
    IP

Felix,
    Could you not copy the section of horn to be covered to it's own layer then put it in over the border as a last step???

IP

Felix,

Are you serious? The Painter tour on the second CD of the P6 software describes the exact same project!? Including how to deal with a final border. Why not just check it out.

stecyk66‚
    IP

Felix,

I really thought you were testing us with a trick question. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh well, nobody's perfect. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I hope you get the project.

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi Felix,
    Time is a valuable commodity and I try not to waste it looking for a person's hidden agenda.
    IP

Felix,

You can make your own corrections to your own postings by clicking on this imagehttp://boards.infopop.net/infopop/images1/edit.gif in the bottom right hand corner of your posting. Clicking on the image will take you back to the window where you initially wrote your message. At that window, you can edit to your hearts content.

Now let's get to your other comments.

1st, are you telling me that there is no Local Jazz Festival and you were not asking for advice on an upcoming project? That is sad.

Were you trying to be witty? Being direct, honest, and straightforward does not mean you are witless. If you had wanted to suggest that owners of Painter 6 might look at the second CD to view the Painter 6 tour -- then you should have said so. That would have gotten your message across without wasting the time of other forum members who want to give sincere advice to people with real questions.

Speaking of real questions. I wonder what your real questions are.

when you said <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It all has to do with my remark about fluff and substance . . . Whay(sic) is there tobe impressed about in this forum? I do like the style ... but is that all there is to it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that your real question?

I'm not about to play guessing games with you. If you have a specific question, then ask it.

Here is a specific question for you.

<ul>[*]What exactly are you expecting from this forum?
    [*]<dl>given this calendar of events

<dt>December 14, 1999</dt>
    <dd>Metacreations announces personnel layoffs and a pending sale of all products except MetaStream Technology</dd>
    <dt>Post Dec. 14, announcement</dt>
    <dd>I-US Painter forum anguishes over loss. Dave Huss keeps us updated in his Graphically Speaking column<dd>
    <dt>early to mid April 2000</dt>
    <dd>All I-US forums go down for maintenance (this seems to be a death knell for the I-US Painter Forum)<dd>
    <dt>Late April 2000</dt>
    <dd>Forum Maintenance is over and all I-US Forums are back Live<dd>
    <dt>May-August 16, 2000</dt>
    <dd>I-US Painter forum sits relatively silent with no moderator. The few posts that are made are mostly asking for tech support. </dd>
    <dt>August 2, 2000</dt>
    <dd>I-US begins to migrate old forums -- one at a time -- to this one (OpenTopic by Infopop)</dd>
    <dt>August 16, 200</dt>
    <dd>I-US opens the new Painter Forum in this new web application called Open Topic by Infopop</dd>
    <dt>September 1, 2000</dt>
    <dd>Painter Forum at I-US gets a new Moderator (all moderators are volunteers -- not employees of I-US)</dd>
    </dl>
    [/list]

<dl>
    <dt>Premise 1:</dt>
    <dd>As of Sept. 11, 2000, The new Painter forum is not even a month old</dd>
    <dt>Premise 2:</dt>
    <dd>in the last 5 months, and as of Sept. 11, 2000, The Painter Forum has had a moderator for less than two weeks now</dd>
    <dt>Conclusion:</dt>
    <dd>Draw your own</dd>
    </dl>

I'll return to my earlier question. What do you expect from a fledgling forum that is rising up from the ashes? What do you expect from the forum in a few more weeks, months?

Any specific answers that you or anyone else can give to those questions will be productive. (Incidentally, alluding to "all fluff and no substance" is simply ambiguous. If that's all you tell us, then you are hoping we are mind readers. Thankfully, we're not mind readers. So get specific.

Pretending to have a problem only so you can surprise us later with how witty you think you are -- that is counter-productive.

You said you like the style of the forum? Do you mean the form(the layout of the web pages, the way the forum actually works) of the forum or the content(what people have actually said so far in less than a month of existence) of the forum?

Please understand, I think you have made some very valuable postings here in the Painter Forum. But if you had wanted to give advice about the film on the 2nd Painter CD, I think you could have done it a better way.

Regards,

Athena

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on September 11, 2000 at 12:07 AM.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

This is great! I am just getting the opportunity to delve back into the Continent called Painter. Upgraded to 6.0.3 - which seemed a little more involved than maybe it needed to be - It's working , however (Mac!) Looking forward to idea exchange and problem-solving! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] D
    IP

Hello, sdarch! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Welcome to the Painter forum! We're glad to have you!

I'm really glad to hear you've got version 6.03 running on your Mac. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Since you said you've just upgraded, I wonder what version you upgraded from. If you (or anybody else) have any old stuff(stuff you made in a previous version) that you'd like to post, have at it. I-US has a test forum where you can practice using the UBB codes to add images etc. to your posting.

While we're all exploring this "Continent called Painter" together, if you see a direction you'd like to take. . . hey, run with it. Tell us how you got there if you can (when you can). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Athena
    :
    Athena
    IP

sdarch

Nice to hear from another Mac user. I'm looking forward to the Os X beta. Hopefully Corel will make an Altivec version of Painter sometime next year.

stecyk66
    IP