Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Serial Number won't stay

Can anyone help me? LOL. . . When i type in the Serial Number (and yes, i did purchase it), and close out the program, then reopen up later, i have to reenter the serial number. Is there fix to this?

Also, i have saved my project to my flash drive. Can anyone help me open it up to edit it?

Default Re: Serial Number won't stay

Are you using Windows Vista?
    You may need to start XaraXtreme by right-click->Run as Administrator to allow Xtreme to write to the registry.
    Also ensure your firewall isn't blocking Xtremes access to the activation server.

I'm not using Xara Xtreme. I'm using Xara Menu maker.

Ooops, sorry - you're right, my fingers run on auto pilot sometimes

Substitute the words 'Xara Xtreme' with 'Xara Menu maker'..

You haven't answered my question about using Windows Vista or not though?

Yep, i do have Windows Vista. . . Windows Vista Home Basic.

I did get that problem fixed. But now i have another problem.

I had to get another computer cuz my hard-drive crashed. Well, luckily i saved my project to my flash drive. Now i don't know to open it up to XMM to edit it.
    Last edited by JeremyMedlock; 13 April 2008 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyMedlock View Post
    Well, luckily i saved my project to my flash drive. Now i don't know to open it up to XMM to edit it.

I don't use MenuMaker so can't look to see, but I would expect to see something along the lines of File -> Open Project. From there you can browse to your Flash Drive letter, or you can copy your project from the flash drive to a folder on the desktop (for example) and open it from there.
    I'd also assume that once MenuMaker is installed, the proper file association should be setup, allowing your to simply double-click the project file. This should start MenuMaker and load the project file for you?

Hi Jeremy,

Currently there appears to be a problem running MenuMaker on any version of Windows. A message pops up reporting a Visual C++ Runtime Library error that causes the program to terminate.

The cause of that problem is most likely causing a failure to register properly.

The posts in the thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32122 will shed some light on the problem.

I had no problems running MenuMaker on Vista until recently. MM was working correctly as recently as March 12th on my Vista machine.
    Last edited by Soquili; 13 April 2008 at 02:56 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I need to know if you can help me open up my saved project from my flash drive? I can save it to my flash drive, BUT, if i ever have to reinstall my computer to factory default, I won't be able to open it up. If i have to format my computer and reinstall XMM Software, how will i open up the project from my flash drive?

Jeremy as long as you save the actual project folder and the files within the folder to your flash drive you can always open it. If you only save the image files and the javascript files for a menu you would need to recreate the project from scratch.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

One more question Bill. . . Is there a way to save the Project folder, or do i need to "Copy and Paste" it?