Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: menu stuck

Default menu stuck

Hello I currently own webstyle 4 I am having this problem every time I am making a menu like it have 4 button like (home, other, links, and contact) if I go to the home page it will show solid color like if the color is stuck if you go to what ever page you go to the button for that page / link will be solid color what I am doing wrong any idea or help
    You can ck this link http://kingmoe.com/wes_auto to see what I am talking about you can test the entire menu and you will see it doing the same. I am using front page and I go to insert then xara webstyle4 then Nav Bars & Menu then it will open up the webstyle program i do the menu i like then i save it then it will take me back to FrontPage.

Default Re: menu stuck

That's standard Frontpage behaviour for the links. You will have to change the button designation in Frontpage for the Selected Picture in the vertical Navigation section of the Modify Theme. Since that page is selected it uses the selected picture as the button.

If you look at the navigation bar on khba.ca you will find that it exhibits the same kind of behaviour. Although in my case it is deliberate.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 12 April 2008 at 01:19 AM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ok that good but do u know how I can change it from doing that. I hate to change the color or some thing else to match I trick the person I am making the web for.

But if you go to this link http://www.ms006.com/1/M&S_Home_Page.html you may wont to mute or lower your volume this is my personal web its not doing any thing and I made em the same way I descript earlier

It's not changing a colour, its changing the button.

Frontpage themes can specify three buttons: Picture, selected picture and hovered picture. Just use the same graphic for picture and selected picture.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ok i am lost
    how u can do that. i have no idea on how to do it..

any help will be good
    and thanks for your help....................

I'm using Frontpage 2000 - So if you're using a different version you may have to adlib a bit:

OK - open Frontpage
    Open web
    Open index.htm(l)
    Go to format > Theme on the menu bar.
    When the themes dialogue box comes up, click modify
    On "What would you like to modify?" Click graphic
    On the item "dropdown" at the top go to "Vertical navigation"
    Change the Selected Picture to be the same as Picture by browsing for the same file.

That should do it!
    Keith