Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bob:

Not sure what you mean by an "explanation". What kind of info are you looking for? Also, not quite clear on the Space Cowboys reference.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>
    IP

The Space Cowboys reference was a bit of weak humor, what have you done to my space (interface)?

Miss the ability to see the message I'm replying too. (OK, have work-around)

Miss the frames which allowed me quick maneuvering. Am I missing some customization here?

Registration and profiles I applaud.

Bob
    IP

I'm with you on missing the threaded messages format, many users have requested this, so if the forums developer makes this available, I'll be the first to use.

<blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    IP

This forum software appears to be the same type as most other areas I visit on the Net.

I think we will have to get used to manually referencing previous messages in the overall message topic until the forum software developers come up with something better.

Incidentally Bob, you can view the messages in the message topic as you compose the message, if you scroll down the whole page a little way, you will see a framed scroll box that allows you to view all the messages in the topic.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Bravo for the speed improvement, if not for the rather unimaginative assumption that every response is to the whole.

Chris, if you're really writing from I-can't-quite-pronounce-it, France, then it's no wonder you didn't get the reference to a current American movie about old fogies who come to the Earth's rescue somewhat indelicately. (Presumably even you have a sense of humor.)

In any case, I'm curious whether oddities like spelling apologize "apologise" (on the "temporarily unavailable" screen) and "changes must be made within 1 hours" are Continental affectations that we're going to have to endure, or plain old typos?

Again, congratulations. The old appearance suddenly seems pre-historic, and that's half the battle.
    IP

Steve:

Did you hear the one about...

>(Presumably even you have a sense of humor.)

The new forums software is from InfoPop, located in the Good Ol' US of A, so my guess is rather than being "continental affectations" on my part (difficult in any case, my being Canadian) these can more likely be laid at the door of local lads who are better at coding than spelling.

>In any case, I'm curious whether oddities like spelling apologize "apologise" (on the "temporarily unavailable" screen) and "changes must be made within 1 hours" are Continental affectations that we're going to have to endure, or plain old typos?

Well put, sir.

>Again, congratulations. The old appearance suddenly seems pre-historic, and that's half the battle.

<blockquote>
    </blockquote>

[This message was edited by Chris Dickman -- i/us on August 08, 2000 at 01:33 AM.]
    IP

LOOKING GOOD!, The new I-US is a great improvement, I'm familiar with the format as it is very much like the Letterhead site.
    IP

Sorry I haven't been too active as of late, but, you have me back now!

Excellent site Mr. Dickman!

Gary G.
    IP

Well, from the old lady in the crowd, even though I only get here 3 - 4 X per year... I liked the old layout better. Never had problem with (speed), time???? Was much easier to read the thread than this. And not sure which if any, icon to use. Ha ha ha.

Marie Ybarra aka inphoenix
    IP

Okay, maybe I'm a dummy...
    IP