Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I hope it proves to be a valuable resource for your work with Draw.

<font color=red>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    IP

I hope it proves to be a valuable resource for your work with Draw.

<font color=red>Chris Dickman</font>
    IP

Well done, Mr. Dickman.

This was well worth the wait. The DRAW community thanks you. Not sure about the Harry Potter community, however :-)

Gary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP

Let's leave HP out of it, shall we? His presence is already far too widespread.

Chris

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    </blockquote>
    IP

Chris

Brilliant, the speed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary,

Please explain the Harry reference, I didn't realise the current UK mania for J.K. Rowling's creation had crossed the Pond.

I still think Terry Pratchett is better.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

I agree with Gary! Although it takes a bit of navigating to get around, I miss the ability to see the message I am replying to as I do so, sometimes I forget what I read and have to go back and read it again and again and.......oh well, I have a work around.

Chris is there going to be a freelancing discussion or are ya going to drop it?

I like the profile thing, so far it seems like most people are afraid to tell much about oneself, I think it makes for a better conversation to know a little bit about who you are writing to, I hope I can get to know a little bit more about the folks that frequently visit, it makes it a lot more fun.

All in all it looks great.

Nice going man!
    IP

I, for one, am a Harry Potter fan, although I do (theoretically) purchase the books for my 50-year-old sister. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Unfortunately, the cousin with whom she's living thinks HP is the work of the devil, so my sister has to hide the contraband. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

So who's Terry Pratchett and why is s/he better?

BTW, re the forum, I do miss the post preview and the ability to reply to a specific message in a thread, but the speed is wonderful.

...Well, the speed was wonderful until I tried to post this reply. Perhaps the forum has just become the "in" place to be on a Friday afternoon.

And, Mike, you can see the previous posts if you scroll to the bottom of this window, below the Post Now button.

As long as I'm on the forum subject, how did I come to be in the CorelDraw forum? Thought it was Xara. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] (Suspect I may have wound up here by clicking a message in the "new posts since..." list.)

...And while I was waiting for the forum database to become available (yet again) so I could complete this post, I checked out the UBB Codes help. Very nice, but there's a typo in the Ordered Lists example that renders the example incorrect. (According to the text, TYPE=A should product a list ordered from A to Z rather than a numbered list as in the example.) Oh dear, perhaps I should stop poking about. Who knows what lurks beneath the cover of the new forum? :-)

Now, I will try to post this message for the fifth or sixth time...Ah, success!
    IP

Yes, I'll be adding one.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    </blockquote>
    IP

Chris

Maybe we should add a British children's magic/mystery story conference? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Seems to be more interest that for CorelDRAW.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP

Is there somewhere that I can read an explanation for the new format? My intitial impression is a major step backward. Hope you are well, Chris. Just saw Space Cowboys. Does that relate here?

Bob Wright [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP