Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Dear Friends

Default Re: My Dear Friends

Hi Norman,

Some time ago, when we were kidding around, you made a fabulous caricature by pasting the head of my avatar onto a youngish body. It was absolutely hilarious. I don't have the link to it right now, but I have the picture on my hard drive. I shared it with my wife, who likewise thought it wonderfully funny.

She also is from the UK and was in London during the German bombing. I had shown her your bio when I showed her the picture. She had studied at the University of Glascow.

When I shared the sad news of your illness with her, she was quite sad to hear of it and wanted me to tell you that across the ocean, far away, there is yet another person who smiled and laughed because of you.

http://www.alanstancliff.com/images/divide3.gif
    PS: I found the links to the picture, actually it was two pictures. They were in a thread called How do I swap heads on a picture. The joking around occurred in messages 16 through 20, and the pictures can be seen here and here.

I've chuckled every time I've thought of them, only now, I am chuckling through some tears.
    Regards,

Alan
    The unexamined life is not worth living--Socrates

Norm. really sad to read this.

Now you are learning adn improve quicly, i saw the post some days ago but i´m posting now.

Animo! norman.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Thanks Alan I looked at the links to the posts mentioned and had a good laugh, my regards to your wife.
    Thank you Jose'. I am now off to bed for a good night sleep. Adios!
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Norman,
    I remember writing to you when you first joined this forum and could not do much with Xara.
    Since then you have come a long way, through pure determination and latent skill. Your creations and your wacky good humour have earned you a legion of fans and friends.
    You have been and you are inspirational. You have made a difference and it is appreciated.
    Last edited by spondoolix; 18 April 2008 at 03:31 PM.
    TJB

Thank you Spondulix, Yes I remember the occasion well, I was at a complete loss on how to use the program and you suggested I look at the variuos tutorials etc. Thanks again for your kind words.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman