Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XMM C++ Menu Maker FIX

This isn't quite a fix, but i have noticed if you disconnect from the internet, Menu Maker WILL work. If you connect to the internet, and close out the program, then open it back up again, it will come up with the runtime error. As of i right now, i do not know why the internet is causing the runtime error. If i do find out, i will post.

Default Re: XMM C++ Menu Maker FIX

I tried it one time on my 2000pro machine and it worked, haven't tried the XP machine yet. But, my machine with 98 on it is still connected to the net and my 14 year old daughter says it's working for her...I have no clue

tuller

Yeah, i have no idea what the deal is with this program. I hate disconnecting everything i need the program, but if thats what works, then we'll have to deal with it until Xara fixes a patch for it.

Boy, you done wore me out, I've done lost some poundage here, but thanks for the fix

tuller

I've just noticed, working with mm1 disconnected from the net and editing a navbar and then when I upload it to my site the changes are not there all the time. Everything shows up just fine in preview but not on the live site.
    Any suggestions?

tuller

ok, when you get done editing in MM, save it then close out program. then reconnect to internet. . . . What your gonna have to do it, is DELETE all the files from where you have it hosted at, then upload the new files.

Quote Originally Posted by tuller View Post
    I've just noticed, working with mm1 disconnected from the net and editing a navbar and then when I upload it to my site the changes are not there all the time. Everything shows up just fine in preview but not on the live site.
    Any suggestions?

tuller

Jeremy, I found one file on my host server that says xaramenu.js.
    Is this the file I need to delete?

tuller

why not save the navbar under a different name before uploading.....Has anyone heard back from CS? I sent a ticket almost a week ago.....

I'll give it a try and see what happens changing the name of the bar. I've not heard back from CS either and read on another post where they were working on the new extreme package.
    Xara has been the worst company I've ever dealt with as far as CS and if they can't support a product they sell, especially when I think this would be a major problem for them, then they probably need to find themselves another job.
    If the problem isn't fixed soon, and it should be done by them, then I'm dumping their products from my system and I know several more that have already done so and moved on with something else never to return to a Xara product.
    Poor CS can definitely hurt you, especially when people start reading bad reports about them in the Ripped Off sites in the internet. If Xara doesn't care about us then why should we care about them, so we move on to something else and forget them, their loss not ours.

tuller

I just tried saving it as a new project, uploaded it and it didn't work...maybe it will work for someone else.
    I think I'd rather have Coffee Cups menu software the way I feel right now, at least it works and they have CS. I've got a grandson puttin his rib in me pretty good right now saying his CC menu is working and mine isn't
    Really guys, I like the mm1 program above all the rest, it's the poor CS that's got me hopping upset now and it seems they're not trying to help us. If they are then they could at least let us know what was going on.

tuller