Dear Charles and Xara Team,

you've asked for some comments...

Believe it or not, I still have Xara X1 installed on my machine, next to Xtreme Pro 3.02. Now there is Xtreme Pro 4.0.

X1 comes with a footprint of around 10 MB on my hard drive, X4 with 116 - that's a whopping 12 times as large! That much more for just multiple pages and text columns?

And all the stuff that's installed which I don't need or want at all - not really:

Photo Editor - now there are **2** different editors. I don't need a photo editor, because I already have three great professional photo editors (PhotoPaint, LightRoom and LightZone).

3D? I already have two 3D CAD systems (Cinema 4D and Rhino). A simple 3D function isn't good for a software with the term 'pro' in it!

And now I have yet another movie player I don't need or want.

Question: even though I understand that some people **might** like those features and the Xara team obviously doesn't want to offer a modular based kit (basic version, add / pay the modules you really need!), this is my biggest wish:

Please give us an installer which let's us choose which parts we want to install! Please, please, please!

I would be very happy again if I could deselect the installation of the movie player, the 3D option, the web function, the two photo editors!

I've just produced two large 80 page photographic books about Andalucía with Xtreme Pro 3.02 and it's multi page function - they are both perfect, really. And for those projects I really don't need the photo editors - they are just bugging me, because when I drop an image to the workspace and - working very fast - double click the image, the photo editor will start, forcing me to wait for ages because my images are around 13.200 x 8.800 pixels large (that's a whopping 130 megapixels from large format scans!). Please give us an option to disable the automatic pop-up of this pesky amateurish photo editor!

Please Xara , do something with these issues. It really shouldn't be such a big issue to modify the installer to give us a choice!

Other than that, try to optimize the code as you've done in X1 - small, fast code and not bloatware: not everyone of use wants to invest into new hardware...(I'm switching to Mac now because I can't stand Windoze anymore and definitely Vista is the wrong way to go).

Thanks a lot for listening and hopefully a better installer very soon - you'll win another happy pro user to upgrade to version 4.0 or 4.1 if you'll include these options.