Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 4 way too big!

There really isn't a need to defend Xara from what are ultimately either a) nit-pick criticisms--some of which are poorly thought out, or b) feature requests. There's obviously nothing particularly wrong with the product, and it's clearly better than the competition in virtually every respect. It's not utterly perfect obviously, but each new version brings prioritised improvements. There are lots of things that Xara does now that could be done better or more completely, but that time didn't allow. I rarely complain because I have confidence they will eventually be addressed.

Regarding feature requests: obvious things not in there now will be eventually (within the scope of what the product is supposed to be--namely a 2D web and print graphics editor), such as skeletal stroking, mesh fills, volume of revolution, pixel editing, symbols etc. It seems that the main methodology is to primarily introduce new features that allow graphics to be created in ways that it's not practical to otherwise via another means (e.g. Extrude). Secondary is to improve established tools (e.g. selector tool, text tool). This pattern is confirmed and seen in every main release, but not everyone seems to notice in context.
    IP

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Honestly? For rookies, it's better not to give them a chance to screw anything.
    Thank you very much Covoxer for this very important piece of information about your perception of the Xara users.

/// Flames removed /// Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 08 April 2008 at 09:58 PM.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP

Jeez

He called you an advanced user, not a rookie.
    IP

Is it moderation or medication which is needed around here?
    IP

Jens,

covoxer wrote "rookies". In the context he's of course referring to users that aren't advanced enough to drill down in to file folders to delete files manually.

This has also now moved from "feedback" to personal attacks and aggression.

I'm closing the thread.

If you have anything further, please feel free to PM me, Jens.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 08 April 2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Some spelling
    IP