Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Embedding SWF with HTML export.

The transparent flash thingy will be cool! Especially for patterned backgrounds.
    ~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box

Fantastic news about the flash export. The post which started this thread asked for bug reports. I'm not sure whether these are bugs or not however...

1. When I attempted to register the .dll I got the following message, I'm running 64bit Vista as administrator. But as is mentioned elsewhere in this thread, it works fine without registration.

http://www.hamish.plus.com/errorcode.jpg

2. This one is odd, and probably nothing to do with Xara, but take a look at this site guestwishes.com which was all made in Xara. When viewing this site in IE7 from the version stored on my computer it looks fine. When I view it over the web however it looks like this.

http://www.hamish.plus.com/whitebox.jpg

I have tried flushing the cache etc. deleting history, all the usual, all to no effect. The site views fine on other browsers, on other computers even my mobile phone. But not on this machine over the web.

Hope this helps. The flash export is excellent.
    Last edited by webmaster; 14 April 2008 at 02:39 PM.

@hamishmacd

Tried your site in IEs 5, 6 and 7 also the most recent FireFox and it works fine here.

To those who don't want to type in all that stuff at the command prompt to register the dll, a couple of points:

1. You shouldn't need to register it. As it's simply an overwrite of an existing dll it should already be registered.

but if you do need to then

2. Open a window on the directory the dll lives in, and another on windows\system32, then drag the dll onto regsvr32.exe and that will register it. Or copy the dll to the clipboard, select regsvr32 and paste.

Thanks for getting back. This isn't a Xara issue at all, I'm just flummoxed.

The site looks fine on
    • my mobile
    • firefox
    • IE 6
    • my pda
    • When I look at the swf file stored on my on my computer with IE7 it looks fine, no problem.

However, when I look at the same site via IE7 over the web, or look at the same individual swf file over the web, nothing. Just blank. I have no idea. I've forced refreshed dozens of times, cleared the cache, deleted my browsing history. Nothing. Everyone else I've phoned can see the site perfectly. Just not me. I don't expect a reply to this post, but if anyone has come across something similar or I'm just missing something and I'm just being really dumb, please do let me know.

Question Re: Embedding SWF with HTML export.

When I embedded the flash animation the dimensions get screwed up on the on the webpage, I think there is a problem with the swf.js file. The flash file dimensions are distorted larger than the dimensions are, for example the width of the flash file is 948 but it is displayed about 10% larger. Same thing happens with the height.

Is there a fix for this or can I get the uncompressed source for the swf.js file so that I can fix this myself?

You shouldn't need to Janet. Could you explain in more detail how you're placing the Flash into your page and perhaps a link or a xar file?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I figured out what the problem was and fixed it.

Is the javascript flash player used in the export filter is a standard player?
    Also could the export filter be modified the export the html code to play the flash file with the standard applet coding an dump the swf.js script? It is simpler to edit the way the flash is played in html code.

Quote Originally Posted by janetweber View Post
    I figured out what the problem was and fixed it.
    Which was?
    And how did you fix it?

There was nothing wrong with the export, just a problem with the flash background color. my mistake.