Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Looking for latest XAR format documentation

Following on Suveks point, I have been examining a few files and it seems that even the simplest shapes such as rectangles and circles are now processed as TAG_REGULAR_SHAPE_PHASE_2 (even though it is supposed to be deprecated).

This is a bit of a pain as I cannot get TAG_RECTANGLE_SIMPLE_ROUNDED to work no matter what I put in for the rounding and I cannot simply create one in Xara to examine it!

First of all, whilst we wait for the new documentation, any chance of at least a list of the new xar tags so that I can at least work out the way some new features are encoded?

Secondly, perhaps a brief explanation of why TAG_REGULAR_SHAPE_PHASE_2 is now being used?

oh forgot to mention, RE: new xar file tags, CTRL-SHIFT-8 doesn't seem to work anymore (at least since 3.24) and exporting as WIX doesn't give me much of a clue either.

Any updates on this? Xara Web Designer appears to have even more unrecognised tags than XXP4.

I appreciate that this document takes time to update, but can someone at least post a text file with the new xar tag codes in?

CTRL-SHIFT-8 works for me at least in webdesigner
    EDIT: But it does not recognize for example record "4364"... thats what you meant?

CTR-SHIFT-8 brings up the debug tree window, but everything in there is blank? XPP3.24, XPP4.01, XWD 5.01dl

only expand tree and close buttons are enabled, and expand tree seems to do nothing.

Interesting, that you don't get a answer from the Xara developers about your question...

I would think it's because of the current beta testing process and the usual pressed for time.

Or is the XAR file format not open any longer?

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    I would think it's because of the current beta testing process and the usual pressed for time.
    Correct.
    Or is the XAR file format not open any longer?
    Wrong.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by sculptex View Post
    only expand tree and close buttons are enabled, and expand tree seems to do nothing
    Open debug window, drag and drop xar file you want to analyze to the main xtreme window (not to debug window) and it's tree should appear. Debug window is blank by default, it doesn't show currently open document (strange I know)

ok maybe I am WAY to new for all of this, but what program do you use for the .xar? I am just now really getting into the 21st century I guess