Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: c++ visual runtime error

Thank you Jeremy. That band-aid did the trick for me as well!

Does anyone have more than a bandaid for this or has ANYONE heard back on a support ticket submitted to XARA? What happened is Widows did an automatic update, for those of us the trust Bill Gates enough to allow the auto updates, (sometimes I wonder and just bought my first MAC to get rid of Bill in my life).

Once the update went into effect, we all started having problems with the runtime error. XARA NEEDS TO SUPPORT THEIR CUSTOMERS! This is crap to leave us hanging and not even a response. I own several of their products but with this kind of customer service, I am reconsider every buying another one.

HELP!!!

I just got a response from CS,

"We are investigating this issue and will contact you when we are able to provide more information."

We shall see.

since the problem appears to be 'caused' by a microsoft update, and not by xara, it may take a while to fix, as Bill said earlier on in the thread......
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I haven't done an update for since November.

fair enough - so no one knows what it is - if indeed it is just one problem....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Reviewing the information I posted previously the problem appears to be related to menumaker.exe is not getting the response it expects when connecting to the internet at startup.

Because the response it not correct the program terminates (shuts down). Vista reports this as shown in the attachment of my first post to this thread.

This may or may not be related to recent changes of servers and website at Xara.com

I do not use MenuMaker except to help troubleshoot problems reported here at TG. On March 12th MenuMaker was working correctly on my system. On April 6th the error happened on my system when I checked to see if there was any change from the last time I opened the program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

thanks for the clarification Bill
    Nothing lasts forever...

For those of you who don't think that they do updates, this may be an informative article. Admittedly it goes back six months now, but that doesn't mean that Micro$oft in it's INFINITE wisdom isn't pushing some other upgrades now.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Another fix i've discovered

Disconnect internet, then start program, then reconnect internet while program still runnning. It'll work!