Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

I know! I agree!

My textures always seem to take on a life of their own, and end up as these interesting darker organic shapes and forms, even if I start out with a stiff, rigid pattern. Is it me leaning towards the organic, (which I tend to do), or is it the algorithms leaning? Is it nature seems to conform to mathematical protocols or the other way round? Did I read "The Tao of Physics" too early on in life? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

A while back this fellow from England asked me to contribute some images to his online gallery. He also wanted me to do a write up on each piece, Arrgggh! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] I get into this thread a bit more there. Pretty interesting gallery, worth a look if you have the time. URL is Axis Gallery
    My stuffs in Never, then B.... R....
    IP

BR

the axis site is really nice! very well done and easy to navigate. great image previews and presentation also. it would be great if something like that was available exclusively for Painter users and images.

s t e c y k
    IP

Glad you liked that site! I agree, a really well constructed, good looking gallery. And thanks for dropping in my little space after. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Must be nice surfing around at adsl speeds, I wish I could get it here, but frankly I can't believe the astronomical price you folks pay for it up there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

And, yeah!, a gallery similar for Painter folks would be great. Have had that in the back of my mind for quite a while now. Wonder if it would be a viable effort? Think I may start a new thread, as this one's getting pretty slow loading, and ask a few opinions. I know I haven't seen one out there, have you?

BR....
    IP

so, br, how can you tell that i'm on an adsl line when i accessed the server for your site?

stecyk66.......................................... .................................................. ................
    IP

stecyk66... When your online, your being tracked all the time!!! I'm using a simple, free, and rather old tracking service on my site, (that little globe with ring at the bottom of my index page). Simple, limited stats. What's spookier is the amount of information that is being gathered by the real big boys and ad agency's, with their sophisticated tracking programs and cookies. Real Big Brother-ish.

If you really want to be spooked, you should see how open and vulnerable your computer is when your online, (especially if you use dsl with it's static IP address). I've been to sites that tell me whats on my hard drive, had viruses and trojans dropped in my machine, and even had a small program installed that unknowingly dialed out to Argentina when I connected to the internet.

stecyk, for more info on this, check out this dsl site at http://www.dslreports.com/secureme
    To see how secure your computer is, (free scanning service), check out this site at http://www.sygate.com/ and click on the 'Are you secure?' button.

A personal firewall and setting up a VPN helps, and of course an anti-virus software. Here's a list of some firewalls: http://website.lineone.net/~offthecuff/firepers.htm Zone alarm is rated high and lite ver. is free.

The web has become a pretty spooky place, not like it used to be. Personally I'd rather talk about Art and galleries. E-mail me if......

BR....
    IP

I have the free version of Zone Alarm installed and it is really a wall of fire. When you're in stealth mode (ZA is on) they can sense someone is there but they can't really locate you.
    Together with IPLookup, I have already been able to know and prove (ZA) that someone tried to get access to my PC, and to find out who it was (IP). I warned his provider about this behavior but didn't get a response until now.

I like it very much and has never caused me any trouble. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

I just come back from the axis gallery and apart fom mkzdk it is the first time I've seen digital art on the web that gave this lightning feeling I have when I'm inspired by something. This goes far beyond collages or sheer luck from the beginning to the end. Great.

By the way, when you want to try a nifty 3D app, go and download a trial of ZBrush at

www.pixologic.com

I'm shure it can much more than the plasticine things they show on their site. Pity it's so expensive...

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on February 01, 2001 at 02:10 PM.]
    IP