Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

one of the things i like about painter is the textures that can be created in it. if i'm not working with the 'fine wheel airbrush' or the impastos, i'm playing around with texture creation. i love to use the 'apply surface texture' effect on color fields generated in the kpt5 plugin. the materializer filter in kpt6 does the same thing as the 'apply surface texture', though with a seemingly higher degree of definition, but the effect in painter is great nonetheless. how about for other users, what are your favourite things about painter?

stecyk66 0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	texture%20man.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	7664  
    IP

one of the things i like about painter is the textures that can be created in it. if i'm not working with the 'fine wheel airbrush' or the impastos, i'm playing around with texture creation. i love to use the 'apply surface texture' effect on color fields generated in the kpt5 plugin. the materializer filter in kpt6 does the same thing as the 'apply surface texture', though with a seemingly higher degree of definition, but the effect in painter is great nonetheless. how about for other users, what are your favourite things about painter?

stecyk66 0
    IP

I can doole for hours like this.

Name:	scratch.JPG 
Views:	428 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	1812  
    IP

Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

Stecyk - I certainly hope your not nibbling on those candy men, I think they may be toxic.

I too, love to explore all those textures. Millions of possibilities, and then throw in your plug-ins, blobs, marbling, etc., and you've got endless combinations. Painter is one of the best texture creation tools around, and there are many around. Which reminds me, who now owns Painter3D (which used to plug into 3D Studio Max3)? Whoever does, I should think could do well for themselves by upgrading it and porting it to some other 3D apps. Seems to be a big need/call for it, sort of like Deep Paint 3D, only better.

Anyway, one of my favorite things, that impressed me from the start with Painter, was the ability to apply 'pressure' or lightness to a paper texture. Being able to change the percentage in the Grain slider to dig/soak in or just touch the top of the texture. Sort of like what I did with the older image below, applying different shades at different grain depths. Seems all the variance is on the low end of the slider at around 12%.

This is what happened when I stuck one of Stecyk's candy men on my tongue......

BR.....

Name:	infect.JPG 
Views:	420 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	4436  
    IP

lollipops!

Name:	lollipops.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	12333  
    IP

the following is an orbital image of some ancient martian river valleys. nice textures too. there was a little bit of color enhancements done in painter

stecyk66 Ï

Name:	martian%20valley.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	9601  
    IP

Stecyk, how long have you had this obsession with candy, Candy Men, Lollipops and now chocolate.
    Maybe it is me who has the obsession?????? I have been up all night, please excuse me.
    Regards
    Greg
    IP

monnabat and BR

i'm way ahead of you guys.the obsession is mine...hold on a sec' while i finish my green ju jube.... done! okay where was i. yeah, even my actual airbrush paintings have had a general luscious confectionary quality to them. it's been pointed out to me for years. the strange thing is i'm not a big eater!

stecyk2001

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    IP

Vermont, (the state that makes NH. nervous)

Coffee and "textural explorations".
    Now you got me started again. Fun with plugins. Started with Blade Pro, then Paint engine, some Glass distortion, Apply Surface Texture, (kept the softness down here Stecyk) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] , then pumped up the colors for all the candy lovers out there.

BR....

Name:	tex.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	2568  
    IP

BR

your 2 attachments here are seriously biological in appearance. it ranges from amphibious spawn to bacterial culture to bovine spongiform encephalopathy... interesting how some computer algorithms can end up generating the patterns of nature. this is what Mandelbrot showed the world 20 years ago. nature seems to conform to mathematical protocols.

stecyk

[This message was edited by stecyk66 on January 25, 2001 at 08:58 PM.]
    IP