Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Exporting out of XaraLX

Sorry if I generated any confusion. The rundown on my setup: 1 older computer running Simply Mepis 7, latest, 1computer -3 months old running, Windows XP and Simply Mepis 7, latest, as a dual boot. I exported the file, as a .psd, from Xara LX on the Linux-only-computer to the new with Windows XP booted up. It opened fine in Photoshop 6. I just ran another test, clicking the "export each layer", the file opened fine in Windows XP, layers were flattened, but everything was there. Actually good to know since I sometimes take files from Xara into Photoshop/The Gimp to tweak, it's a better option than a .png.
    Now, if others can't do that on various other Linux distros, I might speculate that it might be due to the particular distro(s)/desktop environment/libraries that aren't dependencies of Xara LX. I'm running KDE desktops on both. I did see an example over a year ago. I had Photoshop set up to run with Wine on Vector Linux with both a KDE and an XFCE desktop installed. When I was in the XFCE environment Photoshop ran, when in the KDE desktop it wouldn't.
    Anybody else having similar experiences, or questions?
    And roberth, did any of this help get your poster printed?
    Scott
    "I do not think that I will ever reach a stage when I will say, "This is what I believe. Finished." What I believe is alive... and open to growth."
    Madeleine L'Engle
    IP

Hi all - thanks for the replies, and sorry for the slow response (been on holiday!). I have just returned to this problem and am not having much luck. If I try to print Generic Postscript to a file, I get a segmentation fault.

** (xara:1815): WARNING **: could not set the value of Settings.Document.Filter, node not found
    Segmentation fault

I'm starting to wonder whether I should just get the windows version (perhaps the 30 day trial will suffice to export into something useful!)...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by roberth View Post
    Hi all - thanks for the replies, and sorry for the slow response (been on holiday!). I have just returned to this problem and am not having much luck. If I try to print Generic Postscript to a file, I get a segmentation fault.

** (xara:1815): WARNING **: could not set the value of Settings.Document.Filter, node not found
    Segmentation fault

I'm starting to wonder whether I should just get the windows version (perhaps the 30 day trial will suffice to export into something useful!)...
    roberth - Do you have the original xaralx file you produced ? If so,
    likely a lot of forum people can help, if youre having troubles simply
    converting that.
    IP