Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to create a Glass, Aqua, or Vista Icons PI 12 or should I do it in Xara Xtrem

Oops, Sorry - Here's the link...
    http://www.graymattergraphics.com/ht...tutorials.html

Best,
    Jeri
    IP

Default Re: How to create a Glass, Aqua, or Vista Icons PI 12 or should I do it in Xara Xtrem

Well done Jeri. Clear and easy to follow. Results look really good.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Jerr View Post
    Gel and Vista type buttons can easily be done in PI basically using the same techniques as Xara, using gradient , fadeout transparency, and soft edges. However you will find Xara’s gradient , transparency, and softedge tools vastly superior for this type of work.
    In its price bracket, it’s my opinion that PI excel’s in two areas: Photo manipulation which I do not use very much, and its “Material Palette” which is the main reason I use this very under rated program. The Material dialog has a very good array of bevel, shading, light, reflection & bump map choices for vector format graphics. One can produce extraordinary photo realistic objects and surfaces with the ease of a few mouse clicks. Saving in PI’s ufo format maintains vector state.
    Major drawbacks are its inability to export a usable vector format, and it has no Boolean capability to speak of. Fortunately it can import ai vector format, so I just use Xara if I require a more complex vector
    I completely agree with your comment.
    PhotoImpact is often understimated and have some very good features (good materials management and quite good vector handling).
    IP