Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: How to create a Glass, Aqua, or Vista Icons PI 12 or should I do it in Xara Xtrem

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    If you don't know whether its a vector or bitmap application, why are you asking if you should draw in it. If you own and use PI 12 isn't the answer obvious? I don't use it, so I don't know ... but you should!

If the answer was right there, or if it were only that simple to find out, the question would not have been posed.

I like what PI has to offer in goodies, but Xtreme has better light effects which it looks to give graphics better lookin aqua/glass/vista lighting effects (although it takes more steps to perform a similar function in Xtreme than it would in PI, thanks to its outstanding library of effects that PI offers, but when it comes to the end result, Xara Xtreme looks to outshine PI when creating graphics, my conclusion is because Xara uses different lighting techniques than what is offered in PI), and Xara Xtreme lets you know that its a vector program. I am having a hard time trying to find out whether PI is a vector or bitmap program.

If I am wrong about the lighting effects comparison between both applications, then would someone care to share on how they create stunning aqua graphics in PI ?
    Last edited by DiscoMike; 02 April 2008 at 09:26 PM.
    IP