Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: HI.. absolute begginer here

Thank you. I had Imagemagicks installed. Now I saw and installed even Graphicmagicks. I don't know what does it make but it sounds fine.
    Now I see that it is possible to buy manual.
    Last edited by Hymer; 18 December 2008 at 11:06 AM.
    IP

Hymer the manual you can buy is for the Windows version of Xtreme. XaraLX for Linux does not have all the features that are in Xtreme for Windows.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Oh I see. Is it easy to see in practice which functions are disabled? E g I tried to use Inner Contour and I don't know if this function doesn't work or I did something wrong.
    IP

It has been awhile since I used Linux and XaraLX. I believe all the tools should work the same as in the Windows version. The limitations as I recall are in the Galleries, import filters, and export filters.

Workbooks 30 and 31 at http://www.xaraxone.com/html/workbook.html will teach you how the tools work. Although written for the Windows version the XaraLX tools work the same. You will need to scroll down the page to get to the two workbooks I mentioned.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

All the basic tools work like in the windows version. Text tool is a bit buggy, you have to change font once to write.

OT I'm thinking to myself here, would there be any demand for a beginners-guide-to-vector-graphics-with-xaralx site? I got a site set up on a CMS (with easy to use content adding capabilities) just waiting for content. I participated in a vector gfx course (on corel) in school some years ago so I have some kind of picture of what should be included. Maybe this should be in another thread....
    IP

Default Re: HI.. absolute beginner here

There are a lot of very nice tutorials to Xara and sure you can make very helpfull tutorials. What I am looking for is a simple describing of different tools. E g. I can not figure out how to crop selections in Xara.. That is so elementary that I didn't want to ask...
    IP

Hi

you could have a look at these videos

http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/tutorials-demos/

they are windows based so may not all be fully applicable to linux - but they cover the basics..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

the basic way of cropping is to place a rectangle over the picture - select both and intersect shapes [ctrl+3] - this should work in any version of xtreme

this is covered in the changing objects videos...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP