Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default flash within html export

Is it possible to create a flash animation which is embeddded into an html export?

Default Re: flash within html export

Off the top of my head..

1) Create your flash animation as you normally would with Xtreme (or Flash).

2) Create your html web page with a rectangular element as a placeholder for the flash animation.

3) Generate the web page from Xtreme.

4) Replace the html code for the placeholder element with the code to include your flash animation.

Not as straightforward as it could be, but not too difficullt.

Paul

Actually, I guess I know the answer to this one already.

I can see why the nav bar tool was long since relegated from the tool bar as it’s certainly been superseded by the new functionality in Xara 4. However after adding flash functionality to Xara it seems odd not to be able to integrate flash files into a webpage export.

Would I be right in assuming that should I wish to create a simple banner animation such as the one on the top of the xara.com homepage, I’d have to create the swf in Xara, export it, create the body of the page in Xara, export that, and then create a separate html page to join them both up?

I know this is hardly arduous but I wonder if any of you Xperts out there know of a simple way to set up the layout of a webpage in Xara, with a flash animation say represented by a png and then just swap over the png for a swf whilst maintaining the positioning.

I don’t really do much web work these days and my knowledge of html is pretty rusty and was never more than basic to begin with. The opportunity of using my favourite design tool to create something simple like this could be a real asset.

Thanks Paul. I've come to the same conclusion. Looks like I'll have to brush up on my coding skills.