Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme Pro Version 4 - Issue List

As Risto requested, I'm putting the errors I've received with the new Xtreme Pro version here.

Here's what I've come across so far.

English (United States) messages not found. Do you want to run the program in UK English?

After my first error I got this one:
    This product has not been correctly installed (Error 2). Please install the product again.

Then the start screen said:
    Trial version expired.

Not all together bad, but wanted the Xara team to be aware of them.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Version 4 - Issue List

The beta is only out in Uk Engwish... no other foreign languages have been added.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

I got that error message also (This product has not been correctly installed (Error 2). Please install the product again.), but I believe I selected No when asked about the UK english... I uninstalled and re-installed but selected ok when asked and this time no errors and it said 30 days left on trial.
    Glenn

I also received those two error messages.
    I reinstalled the program, only now making sure to install as the administrator.
    No error messages this time and everything seems to be working as it should.
    ( This is on a system with the Vista (Home 32 bit) operating system).
    - Andrew
    Last edited by AndFarr; 28 March 2008 at 01:59 AM.

Shouln't be necessary to install as Administrator since this was fixed in v3.2
    However as it seemed to work for you hopefully this will help Charles+team look into why?

I'm using Vista Ult 32bit, had no issues with installation (UK English is what I would choose in any case)

Can you let us know which OS you installed the program on please? Ive reproduced it on win2k so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWombat View Post
    As Risto requested, I'm putting the errors I've received with the new Xtreme Pro version here.

Here's what I've come across so far.

English (United States) messages not found. Do you want to run the program in UK English?

After my first error I got this one:
    This product has not been correctly installed (Error 2). Please install the product again.

Then the start screen said:
    Trial version expired.

Not all together bad, but wanted the Xara team to be aware of them.

I had the same messages. I am using win2000 sp4. Had to uninstal/reinstal a couple of times before it played happily.

I tried to bring down the 3d help movie and found that they are not at the site yet. Not surprising I guess since official launch has not happened yet.

Erik

In Windows 2000, SP4

- The dropdown combo boxes on the infobar don't drop anything down if the infobar is placed at the bottom of the screen.

- The Options -> Page -> Paper Size combo box doesn't dropdown.

- The Options -> Mouse -> Left mouse button and Right mouse button popups don't pop anything down. As previous, can be 'arrowed' through.

All other combo boxes in Options window tabs seem to be working.

- Extrude tool: combo boxes not dropping down. When it does, please ensure that it is wide enough to tell the full text of the items, i.e., there are two "Light angle 1" somethings...

- Extrude tool: click on combo-box, and then click on a slider. Have to click on slider a second time before able to move it.

- Extrude tool: If you create an extruded object, and then give it a feathering, the arrows revealed by the 'show lights' button no longer show.
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 28 March 2008 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Extrude tool stuff

- In 3.0 you could left-click the feathering button, and immediately drag to change the feathering amount. The slider isn't automatically given focus in 4.0, so you have to first move the mouse over the slider window, after which you can move the slider via the mouse. I don't know if this is a bug or a changed functionality.

- gdiplus.dll not in Xara Picture Editor subdirectory (it's in the Xara directory). Xara picture editor 4 not registered error upon double-clicking a picture. After copying dll and running XPE, then double-click in Xara works correctly.

- Open color editor. Create a linear filled object. Click on a fill node. In 3.0 doing so would automatically set color editor to edit that node color. It doesn't do that, and you have to use the dropdown box. And since you only have 'local start color' and 'local end color' boxes available, you can't edit any added middle node's color. (You can 'pick' a new color for the node using the color picker, but who wants to all the time?)
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 28 March 2008 at 06:05 AM. Reason: gdiplus/spe error

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    - In 3.0 you could left-click the feathering button, and immediately drag to change the feathering amount. The slider isn't automatically given focus in 4.0, so you have to first move the mouse over the slider window, after which you can move the slider via the mouse. I don't know if this is a bug or a changed functionality.
    I'm using XP Pro SP2 and noticed this too. The second click isn't actually necessary, you can immediately drag to change the feathering amount in v4, but your cursor needs to be 'inside' the feathering slider's screen area.

In v3 you can slide the control left and right without having the mouse physically over the control, but in v4 the mouse has to be actually on top of the control - at least initially - before it responds to left/right movement. v3's immediate sliding is the easier to work with for sure.

Nice that the Photo tool allows you to 'clip' a photo so quickly - as per other graphics applications where the area to be clipped is simply highlighted and double clicked. Photo tool calls it 'clip'ping, but XPE calls it 'crop'ping. XPE doesn't allow the double-click-to-accept-the-clip/crop-area though - it still needs the 'Crop' button to be pressed.

We can drop XPE loading when we press Enter on the keyboard, but is there a way to stop it opening when we accidentally double click a bitmap?
    Last edited by Daniel; 28 March 2008 at 07:07 AM.