Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: X4 activation

Default Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

Hi,
    Thank you Charles!! I just purchased and downloaded!
    My question tho' on my account page there is two versions showing. ON the top there is download for Trial and a serial #, then further down there is another file with different file (same application XtremPro4) with different serial #?
    I have purchased the XaraXtremePro4...but one did not accept my serial # and I had to use the serial for the Trial version!
    As per previous Xara purchases will I recieve a CD version in the mail...?
    Jim

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you Charles!! I just purchased and downloaded!
    My question tho' on my account page there is two versions showing. ON the top there is download for Trial and a serial #, then further down there is another file with different file (same application XtremPro4) with different serial #?
    I have purchased the XaraXtremePro4...but one did not accept my serial # and I had to use the serial for the Trial version!
    As per previous Xara purchases will I recieve a CD version in the mail...?
    Jim
    Yes when you purchase you are given 2 different numbers. The trial activation code unlocks the trial so you can start using the program immediately. And the CD serial number needs to be used to unlock the program when you've installed from CD. It's very clear which number is which when you login to your Xara account. All customers will be sent a CD in the post when they are ready.

Thanks

Neil

Default Re: X4 activation

Split from announcement thread...

Risto

Hi,
    Thank you for the information Niel..I wasn't sure if this was still the norm for Xara products thank you! I did finally figure it out...after I posted...
    JIm

I'm assuming CD installs will work in the normal way and won't require an internet connection for activation?

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Version 4 - Issue List

Not sure whether or not this is a 'bug/issue' but tonight I purchased Pro 4.0 and installed it with no problems. However, I cannot enter the activation code to unlock it. I have tried to manually type in the numbers and have tried to cut/paste from my account page listing all of the serial numbers. All I get is an error msg. stating that the code is incorrect. I went to the support page and tried to log on and it would not recognize my username and/or my password, yet I can log into my account page just finewith the same username/password that the support page refuses. Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Bob

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Version 4 - Issue List

Make sure that the activation code that you're using is for the Trial version of Xara4, and not the CD version. It shows up twice in the list, and the code for the downloaded version is different than the code that will work when you get your CD.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Thanks for the quick reply. I really hadn't noticed this thread when I posted earlier. Sorry to be a bother....it helps if I read the appropriate thread.

Thanks again,
    Bob

Nah, not a bother at all. It is a bit of a new way of going about the whole thing for this new version, after all.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.