Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Default Re: I love the new Extrude Tool

Thanks for the coffee Bill. Appreciated.

I really like your technique, but boy did we take different routes. My cup started out as a square that was converted to an editable shape and wacked around a bit with the shape editor tool. The handle was another square rounded out a bit and then cut in half. Talk about different approches. You filled the cup with coffee and I used the alienskin plug in and grew hair. Sorry about the messy picture, after downloading the orignal I just kept play and experimenting and just kept resaving over the original image. Got stuff to do but am going to play with your method later on. Mind you, did manage to create the rings also. Two great ideas to play with while trying to learning the extrusion tool.........frank

And yes, that is hair growing out of the mouth. That's how I feel getting out of bed in the mornings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Humble Pie.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	50163  

Frank,

The reflection of the handle needs a little more work - just mirroring it doesn't give the correct view. Also the cup in picture 2 looks to be levitating.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Here's a quick attempt...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CUP.png 
Views:	324 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	50165  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Thanks Keith but these were not made for posting. I was just fooling around last night, practicing one might say and just posted the harry one for Bill. I told him earlier with his happy button that I had a bit more hair and a lot less teeth..

The <levitating cup> (damn, can't find the quotation marks on this new machine) was just fooling around with plug-ins.

Oh, before I forget. While fooling around with Bills download, I mucked things up a bit and while trying to get past it I was pulling the extrude while pushing ctrl and later the shift key. Try it and post what happens, see if we got the same results.............frank

p.s. I hope Bill and Ron didn't put sugar in their coffees. They both look good enough to try, better than a mouthfull of hair...

So guess who just upgraded to version 4 and who played with the program all afternoon when he should have been doing the gardening

Hahahaha. Nice job, Mart.
    -=Bob=-