Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

I reckon its a good job done too Xara Team

I am very reassured that the product is going in the right direction, commercially.

And it is a commercial product, it has to be seen in that light.

We all want our favourite stuff and for the program to go in the precise direction we think it should - but it has to survive.

I would say that for that very reason it is not at all trying to satisfy everyone, but pitching very specifically.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thumbs up to the Xara team for a (potentially) great update to Xara. Typical of me I had not been around much for a few days due to working on some themes for the upcoming release of vBulletin 3.7 and missed the announcement by Charles about v4. Well to cut a long story short I downloaded the beta and within a couple of minutes decided this was a must have upgrade. My bank account says ouch but thanks Xara team.

Eobet,

Your main complaint about XXPro has been the inaccuracies of the Combine Shapes / etc function. This now works spot on. Please rejoice.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

I'll sure as heck rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by eobet View Post
    Crap, I missed that one!
    Again, Xara may be able to take on Illustrator, but trying to go after InDesign and Photoshop (and, what? SketchUp and Maya now with the 3D too?) as the same time is simply stupid! "You can't satisfy everybody" goes the saying, but isn't that exactly what they're trying to do?
    It is really diffcult to decide what new features to integrate or not. I think the Flash & now export to HTML integration is a nice approach, but not good enough to use seriously. The text 3D is nice, but for a quality 3D render I grab a 3d package like Cinema4D or something.

In my opinion they should focus on adding easy to integrate features. Like for now, the very high quality image scaling , text underline, more accurate path clipping, font browser, that are the most welcomed features as I read the replies on the new version.

As I said some time ago, XARA Xtreme needs a interface refresh, not the positions/menu structure but just modern icons or theme support.
    Something Like:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_clos...php?id=2635297

add a modern professional splash screen (current has a little bit consumer look), finish the apple mac version and your in the biz like never before!

As I understand it...version 4 that is now available is beta..I have downloaded version 4 and will be upgrading. Is the actual version that is coming outsoon a download or a Cd. I have Zara on 2 computers. Is that legal....and if it is....and the upgrade is a download...can I download the new version on 2 computers? I am computerdumb so please be patient. Tks

Out of curiosity, when the CD's ship, will there be a printed version of the release notes showing the new functionality in the same style as the current manual? For those of us that upgraded, at any rate.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Licence Issues:

I seem to remember reading something on Xara's site (or maybe EULA - but probably not) that stated the software could be used on multiple computers as long as they belong to the same person. That was a definite plus for me.
    I wish I could remember where I saw it.

Found it .........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.png 
Views:	564 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	47285  
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 01 April 2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Added sceen grab from Xara site.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes the date is 2006 on that page Keith, before the EULA changes.
    Clearly the knowlegde base is in need of updating..