Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme verison 4

Quote Originally Posted by jens g.r. benthien View Post
    I've already posted this comment somewhere else in this forum, but I think it's in a better place right here
    Jens, I think Charles and everyone else heard the message on the other thread, there's no point in starting the whole thing again, it's not going to come across any better with the forum users here than it did on your other thread.

We all appreciate your viewpoint even if almost all of us don't really agree that it's a worthwhile effort for Xara.

Paul

I have to say that I love the new version 4.

I do not see the new features as not important. I have been waiting for an alternative to Adobe Fireworks for website design.

So reading that the new version 4 was improved on that area made me purchase the upgrade right away.

I just can't find any information about the new web features anywhere.
    There are no movies about them.

Gary will be doing a workbook on the HTML shortly

other than the release notes I think it will be wait for the CD for movies...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Paul,

Jens, I think Charles and everyone else heard the message on the other thread,
    How can you be so sure? I haven't seen a confirmation, reaction or comment yet.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Charles

I purchased the upgrade and I have been putting it through it's paces on the web design site non-stop for the past 24 hours - I have picked up one or two serious problems - where would you like me to post these?

Cheers

Cliff

Welcome to TG Cliff..

You could start a new thread with your findings in the Xtreme and Xtreme Pro forum.
    And appropriate thread title would be best

Anywhere (i.e. here), they will be read.

Thanks mate! I'm totally stupid - of course that's where it should be!

Thx

Cliff

This morining I was trying to send a file across to an illustrator user and had problems with the export for both ai and pdf when imported into illustrator.
    ai was missing elements and pdf was giving trouble with the bevels.
    I didn't want to have to install illustrator and porting them over into coreldraw would have been a pain so I thought I'd try out XXpro4 (I am using XXpro3.2).
    The missing elements exported and the bevels worked fine in the pdf.
    I noticed that improvements to pdf import were mentioned in the features for XXpro4 but it appears that the export filters have been tweaked as well.

Flowing text round an object will be much appreciated as will the ability to do basic photo editing inside XXpro4. 3d extrude will be useful but more so if it can then be converted to curves.
    I'll be buying the upgrade.

As for a UI refresh, okay but keep it clean, uncluttered and understated. As a professional I spend many hours each day working with xara and the last thing I need is garish icons detracting from the work area. (and anyone adding flashing, bouncing or beeping icons will be hunted down)

As a professional I use the program that works the best for the project I'm working on.
    Heavy photo editing would go to photo paint or photo shop.
    Text heavy dtp would go to pagemaker or quark but when I need to work with vector graphics I choose Xara over corel or illustrator.
    I haven't even bothered installing illustrator on this computer.
    And when I need to combine vector, text and bitmaps in one file such as posters and leaflets, the speed I can work at within xara makes it first choice everytime.
    I've even worked with A0 size posters without xara falling over. Which is more than I can say for coreldraw or illustrator.

There was a version of expression that was available for free just after ms bought it. This was actually better than the version that's out now. If you can find it, try it out. It's a fun little program to play with.

Is there an Xtreme suggestions thread running anywhere? I did a search but couldn't find one.

Would this be the place or should I be bold and start one?