Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy NAVBAR upload to server

I have created two NAV bars on the local machine running Windows XP with SP2. I have my settings of active controls set not to run on the local machine. I have perfect nav bars locally but when I upload to the server, no can see!!!! All my files affiliated with the bars are in the same folder and uploaded. Any help would be appreicated. Can view my delema at www.americanlegionhowlandpost700.com/test.html. The script is there, the bars aren't. thanks.
    Last edited by Soquili; 27 March 2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Edited the URL to include .com

Default Re: NAVBAR upload to server

All I get is "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Went to the page (added .com to the link). Looking through the html source of the page, you have a script of "xaramenu.js". So I made sure that could be downloaded, and it doesn't exist. I should be able to download...

http://www.americanlegionhowlandpost700.com/xaramenu.js

But it's not there? Where did you upload that file too?

Graeme

The xrarmenu.js is automatically included i the Navbar setup from the program and was uploaded with all the gifs and the source file. I must admit, I have just started this website design and am comletely novice with it and am learning as I go. But I uploaded all the files associated with the navbar program to the best of my knowledge. That may not be enough on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by rat0042 View Post
    Went to the page (added .com to the link). Looking through the html source of the page, you have a script of "xaramenu.js". So I made sure that could be downloaded, and it doesn't exist. I should be able to download...

http://www.americanlegionhowlandpost700.com/xaramenu.js

But it's not there? Where did you upload that file too?

Graeme
    That link goes straight to it Rat --- Ergo: It is there ......
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default redone submenus

I have accomplished alot since yesterday but now I changed the saved navbar with changes made to the submenus. When viewed through explorer the changes are present and the html is correct. When I upload to the server, the changes, though saved and overwritten, are not showing up. Only the old submenus remain in tact.

Default Re: redone submenus

I have merged the two different threads so we can follow the progress of your problem.

Please make any new posts about this problem in this thread.
    Last edited by Soquili; 27 March 2008 at 03:07 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I created the corrections to the nav bar and then saved it as a different file name and it worked. It didn't want to overwrite the old file and did not give me a modification date/time when I tried to overwrite the old file. What stops the overwrite? It ask me, I said yes, even overwrite with the newer version and it still didn't take the changes.