Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation How to Recover a Corrupt Adobe Illustrator File

I dont use Adobe Illustrator but I thought this article may be helpful to some here.

How to Recover a Corrupt Adobe Illustrator File
    IP

Default Re: How to Recover a Corrupt Adobe Illustrator File

Thanks Dal.. Good tip.

Great to see the Industry Standard can't even work properly with it's own files..
    IP

Glad to be of any help.
    IP

1) Open the preferences file and look for the entry named "enableContentRecovery", change the value from 0 to 1. This turns on the feature.

2) Launch Illustrator and choose "File>Open". Select the file from which you wish to recover the roundtrip information.

3) Click "OK" while holding down the command, shift and option keys (control, shift and alt on Windows).

Or if all these steps couldn't aid you, try Illustrator Repair Toolbox. You may download it from here: [Commercial link removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 03 March 2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Links are not permitted new members
    IP

I suppose your .ai file was corrupted by unknown reason. It's possible by virus and therefore Adobe Illustrator changed it's features and opened it for you in Read-only Mode.

You may try to repair .ai file with the help of [U]Recovery Toolbox for Illustrator program works with .ai files of any version of Adobe Illustrator
    Last edited by Albacore; 26 June 2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: New Members can't post Links
    IP